Sign in to follow this  
Rogen

GPS2020 Gauge in the AVSIm files library

Hi Folks,

I was paroosing the AVSIM library looking at  the various repaints for the Flight Replicas Super Cub when I came across a new GPS gauge just uploaded by a Hugo Jansen of Belgium.

The blurb looked good so I downloaded it and installed into the Super Cub as a popup.

It's a quite interesting package with a nice PDF manual describing how to add to a panel.cfg and what those panel.cfg entries mean.

I installed into P3D v4.5, however going by the manual the gauge is xml so should be fine in FSX upwards, indeed there are many FSX references within the manual.

It is a quite nice improvement with mouse dragging of the map, mouse wheel spinning of the dials, mouse zoom and many other features.

I'll just add a reference to the Position= values as I wanted it in a different postion on the screen when it opened.

POSITION
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Specifies the relative position of a panel window to the main window.
A number from 0 to 8 (as shown below) designates the position of the panel window.
If nothing is specified, 7 is the default, otherwise, one of:

0 = upper-left corner
1 = upper-middle side
2 = upper-right corner
3 = middle-left side
4 = middle
5 = middle-right side
6 = lower-left corner
7 = lower-middle side
8 = lower-right corner.
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And a pic of it showing in the Super Cub.

799317006778117077B8C6D7AC8190883871144E

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Thank you - found it

Edited by djw4250

Does it have anything special, when compared with the current GPS (the one available since FS9)?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

On 5/26/2020 at 1:44 AM, Luis Hernandez said:

Does it have anything special, when compared with the current GPS (the one available since FS9)?

My advice: Download it, read the manual and you'll see.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 9:43 AM, andyjohnston.net said:

The voices are terrible!  Is Fs2004/FSX, the voices were fairly realistic.  These...ones sound..like a robot...is talking...

I think the ATC 'voices' are much more natural sounding, and the speed is likewise much improved.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

20 hours ago, n4gix said:

I think the ATC 'voices' are much more natural sounding, and the speed is likewise much improved.

Not sure how I got quoted here, never said anything in this thread...

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

The dreaded software "Glitch" 🙃

Cheers

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 7:14 AM, andyjohnston.net said:

Not sure how I got quoted here, never said anything in this thread...

That's simple enough. I had clicked on "Multi-Quote" in the other thread, then promptly forgot about having done that. Then in this thread I clicked on quote, and that's when my quote from you showed up...

...in the wrong forum thread! Oops! Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. ;-(

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I like this version of the GPS, However I have read the manual like 6 times, and I cannot get the direct to function to work. In FS9GPS you hit Dto button type in airport id and enter twice bada bing .It shows up in flight plan. In the GPS2020 it looks like its the same procedure but after you hit enter twice to activate, there is no flight plan and no route on the map. I can set the target by dragging map like it says but even if you drag on top of an airport its still TARGET. I thought I could go to NRST page highlight an airport and hit direct to but still no route and no flight plan. I have figured out how to use all the features but am wondering if no direct to ability is security feature for a payware item? If you have a FS9GPS on shift 2 and GPS2020 on shift 3 you can program direct to on the fs9gps as usual and THEN it shows up correctly on the GPS2020. This is frustrating I like this map and how it presents TCAS planes but gee.......I dont want to have to use the old GPS just to do a direct to an airport ID to show up on the GPS2020. The PDF seems to imply you program the same way. So, what have I missed or misunderstood here? If you notice the picture posted shows no direct to programmed distance in upper right is blank.

Edited by Pilotusaero

15 hours ago, Pilotusaero said:

I like this version of the GPS, However I have read the manual like 6 times, and I cannot get the direct to function to work.

Hi Pilotusaero

What version has been trialled?

The latest is version 12.0, the one I originally posted about was version 9.6.

And version 12.0 certainly does have a functioning Direct To function, I just hit D, used the outer knob to select Nsrt field, then the inner to select the AP and hit the enter button twice.

Cheers R

00F7B4FC2A571334E6845598E1D639934371DC66

oK thanx I downloaded 12.0 I had 9.4 and now it works. I was really frustrated with that I like this version of the GPS. I have been using the upgraded FS 9 500 with traffic and upgraded terrain. This is even better! Thank you!