Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Feelthere E-Jets 175 and 195 in P3Dv4

Like many, I've flirted with the idea of getting the most recent ones, but given the mixed reviews and the fairly steep price, I've never quite got to clicking on the buy button. So as it stands, it would take either a very positive report about a patch/improvement, or for the price to come down to a 'worth a punt' level for me to click on that buy button.

In the interim, if anyone does want a bit of inexpensive Embraer action, I can confirm that the FeelThere – Embraer ERJ145 for P3Dv4, does also work in V5, and it is only 20 quid (Flight Sim Store). I've seen some reports from people who have flown the real thing, that the flight model (for hand flying) is not especially accurate, but it does fly pretty much how you'd 'expect it to' and most of the time you'd be on autopilot, so for 20 quid I'm happy enough with it, as the avionics are a fairly comprehensive representation of the real thing.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Gandalf said:

Bought these at full price, I’m not an expert pilot so won’t comment too much on how it flies, just to say there is another hot fix in the process of being tested and I haven’t flown it in a while. At the price (full) I was disappointed to have to download a utility to open the doors and another utility to calculate v speeds. In addition fuel loading is done via P3d.

Gotta wonder if you bothered to run thru the tutorial or even glance at the PDF manual.

I can't comment on the doors as I don't bother with them.

Feelthere provides a complete set of V speeds for the E175 and E195 based on temperature, altitude, engiine derate and flap setting. Yes, you do have to manually enter the speeds. I don't have the 170/190 series.

Fuel loading is done thru P3D by reading the defaults in the aircraft.cfg, just like every other aircraft. It can also be changed thru the FMS once you have entered and confirmed the various PERF INIT settings. Read up on the "FUEL" cheat in the manual.

With that said, it is overpriced IMO. But so are lots and lots of other aircraft, scenery, etc. Wait for a sale.

Youtube videos by an E175 pilot are very well done and informative. 5 or 6 of them doing a short flight from Milwaukee to Chicago. They were done before SP1 was released and I don't know if they've been updated.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

The reviews of the vol. 3 version are uniformely mediocre to negative. Not a chance I'm buying those overpriced addons. (I'd consider them at the price of $39,99 for all variants).

I am glad I sought the wise perspectives of simmers here before parting company with cash at simMarket---now, a definite----'pass by, thank you'!🤣

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Like many, I've flirted with the idea of getting the most recent ones, but given the mixed reviews and the fairly steep price, I've never quite got to clicking on the buy button. So as it stands, it would take either a very positive report about a patch/improvement, or for the price to come down to a 'worth a punt' level for me to click on that buy button.

In the interim, if anyone does want a bit of inexpensive Embraer action, I can confirm that the FeelThere – Embraer ERJ145 for P3Dv4, does also work in V5, and it is only 20 quid (Flight Sim Store). I've seen some reports from people who have flown the real thing, that the flight model (for hand flying) is not especially accurate, but it does fly pretty much how you'd 'expect it to' and most of the time you'd be on autopilot, so for 20 quid I'm happy enough with it, as the avionics are a fairly comprehensive representation of the real thing.

Thanks Alan for the advice, the ERJ145 looks like a good and smart interim alternative, until the e-jets come up with a good discount.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I am a rated E190 pilot and bought the V3 just to see how it performs and if it's anywhere near to study level. And it definetly is nowhere near to the real thing. A lot of missing stuff and way overpriced for its functions.

For that price I'd like to see at least steep approach capabilities. Also a few missing pages in the FMC and general functions like APU handling is just not right. FPS whise compared to the PMDG birds I have at least 10fps less.

So I just should have skipped this one. Maybe there will be a good E2 one day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, onurair said:

I am a rated E190 pilot and bought the V3 just to see how it performs and if it's anywhere near to study level. And it definetly is nowhere near to the real thing. A lot of missing stuff and way overpriced for its functions.

For that price I'd like to see at least steep approach capabilities. Also a few missing pages in the FMC and general functions like APU handling is just not right. FPS whise compared to the PMDG birds I have at least 10fps less.

So I just should have skipped this one. Maybe there will be a good E2 one day.

Coming straight from the horse's mouth----please do forgive the parlance if you are not familiar with the expression----that does it for me.

Nowadays you really have to be super careful and vigilant before spending money on addons, read all the relevant forum posts, go to youtube, etc. 

The fact that there are hardly any solid Erjv.3 vids on youtube should tell you something. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chock said:

I am a little confused with the liveries. Are these https://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=erj+145+feelthere&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View for that version of the ERJ? Or are they available somewhere else?

Edited by kiki

1 hour ago, kiki said:

I am a little confused with the liveries. Are these https://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=erj+145+feelthere&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View for that version of the ERJ? Or are they available somewhere else?

I've absolutely no idea, I just fly it in the default livery.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 hours ago, kiki said:

You can find very nice liveries here: https://www.inibuilds.com/

I fear that for the ERJ series there're not too many, and you can find one for American and one for United. Anyway, from past experience with the ERJ's (FS9 times), and most probably the case for FSX and P3D nowadays, the liveries for the ERJ145XR should work with the ERJ145(LR), the liveries for the ERJ145(LR) also should work for the ERJ145XR except for the fact that in this latter case the painting on the winglets will not show (just the default paint).

I also suggest to do a search at Flightsim.com.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers