Sign in to follow this  
EdwardE12

FS Crash after opening GTN750 panel configurator (resolved)

Hello, I'm having some problem when trying to configure my GTN750. The FS will freeze and crash shortly after I open the GTN750 configurator.

Here is the log from my event viewer:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24545, time stamp: 0x5e0eb751
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002e0b4
Faulting process id: 0x31c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d631c212ac453a
Faulting application path: F:\Elmo\MS FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 7c6f39a6-9db5-11ea-9230-74de2b794098

I tried using variety of aircraft from the trike to carenado, both for 3D panel replacement or pop-up. Nothing worked. It just freezes and crash afterward.

Many thanks for your help.crash.png

The Add-On Manager issue may be related to FSDT installations.  Just one thought.  A Google search for FSX and ntdll.dll immediately brought up this topic, which started back in 2016 before the RXP GTN was even available.  I saw links to the issue from as far back as 2012.  It appears solutions vary a good bit from user to user.  I'd try the most simple first...

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, fppilot said:

The Add-On Manager issue may be related to FSDT installations.  Just one thought.  A Google search for FSX and ntdll.dll immediately brought up this topic, which started back in 2016 before the RXP GTN was even available.  I saw links to the issue from as far back as 2012.  It appears solutions vary a good bit from user to user.  I'd try the most simple first...

I just found out that the FSLspotlight.dll also got affected several times. I'm quiet positive they are related to the GTN Configurator as the crashes always happened when I try to add the GTN750 to the aircraft.

Here is the event viewer from my last crash:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: FSLSpotLights_FSX.dll, version: 10.0.61355.195, time stamp: 0x58976a7c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00033bc0
Faulting process id: 0x2f84
Faulting application start time: 0x01d631c615dfc452
Faulting application path: F:\Elmo\MS FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: F:\Elmo\MS FSX\FSLabs\FSLSpotLights\DLL\FSLSpotLights_FSX.dll
Report Id: 735dac40-9db9-11ea-9230-74de2b794098

I tried to update my .NET Framework to 4.8, but still, no luck today.

Updates:

-I also can't find these files under my documents folder:

The gauge log file: "My Documents\rxpGTN.gau.log".
The GTN Simulation log file: "My Document\rxpGtnSim.dll.log"
The add-on menu log file: "My Documents\rxpGTN_menu.dll.log"

- I have reinstalled the GTN, still not working.

Edited by EdwardE12
Updates

PROBLEM IS SOLVED

I downloaded a fresh installer from the web, installed the GTN from the fresh installer without uninstalling the GTN first, open the FS and GTN configurator and it worked.

Edited by EdwardE12
  • Like 2

Hi, after few days, now the problem came back. The GTN configurator keeps crashing my FSX whenever I try to add to new aircraft. In the meantime I add the GTN manually by editing the panel.cfg. My GTN_menu.dll.log only shows as follow:

20/05/25 11:29:50.927 08636 -    ] # rxpGTN_menu.dll version 2.5.25.0
20/05/25 11:29:50.929 08636 INFO ] edit panel: F:\Elmo\MS FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PC12\panel\panel.cfg

Tried run normally and as admin, same results. But overall, I'm happy with your product. The only thing hassles me is the GTN configurator.

Hi,

Let's try to find out what is causing this. Can you please download and run the following:

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html

Then report here the content of the latest crash report?

Also, what is your video driver version and OS version?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

20 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

Let's try to find out what is causing this. Can you please download and run the following:

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html

Then report here the content of the latest crash report?

Also, what is your video driver version and OS version?

Here is the latest crash report: https://cl1p.net/fsxcrash

my video driver:

driver.png

Thank you.

The issue seems more related to FSX by itself. Maybe because of the specific GPU you're using, and/or maybe because you're also using quite an old driver for it (maybe it is the last one available for this GPU though?)

Looking at the crash report:

Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[0].Value=fsx.exe
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[1].Value=10.0.61472.0
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[2].Value=475e17d3
Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[3].Value=ntdll.dll
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[4].Value=6.1.7601.24545
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[5].Value=5e0eb751
Sig[6].Name=Exception Code
Sig[6].Value=c0000005
Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset
Sig[7].Value=0002e4f3

Using some of these highlighted items in google gives lots of answers, like this one:

https://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=2289.0

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On 6/1/2020 at 11:21 PM, RXP said:

Thank you.

The issue seems more related to FSX by itself. Maybe because of the specific GPU you're using, and/or maybe because you're also using quite an old driver for it (maybe it is the last one available for this GPU though?)

Looking at the crash report:

Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[0].Value=fsx.exe
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[1].Value=10.0.61472.0
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[2].Value=475e17d3
Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[3].Value=ntdll.dll
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[4].Value=6.1.7601.24545
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[5].Value=5e0eb751
Sig[6].Name=Exception Code
Sig[6].Value=c0000005
Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset
Sig[7].Value=0002e4f3

Using some of these highlighted items in google gives lots of answers, like this one:

https://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=2289.0

Sorry for the slow respond,

I don't think the FSX is faulty because if I don't run GTN configurator, it works flawlessly. The faulty module varies. I got the FSLspotlight.dll as faulty module several times when i run the configurator. My graphic card driver is the last published version for it.

Please note NTDLL.dll crashes are frequent in FSX.

From what I can gather, more often when reaching the limits of the system (maxing out VRAM, RAM, Heat, CPU clock, etc...)

The Panel Assistant is just a simple Windows window with a DirectX context for drawing its content. Nothing really special here but it is possible it is either just pushing a saturated system over the edge, or, there is a 3rd party driver/tray tool/background task/plugin/add-on which is causing an interference when a new 'child' window is opening up.

Besides:

1) Are you running FSX in DX9 or DX10 compat mode?

2) Do you use this NVidia feature?

Adds support for NVIDIA Freestyle which lets you apply post-processing filters to your games while you play

Also from the driver release notes, see if any of these is applying to your system:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/391.35/391.35-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

Release 390 Graphics Drivers for Windows, Version 391.35RN-08399-391.35_v01

Limitations in This Release

The following features are not currently supported or have limited support in this driver release:

1. Crescent Bay and OSVR Headsets on Multiple GPU Systems With Release 367 and future NVIDIA drivers, Crescent Bay and Open Source Virtual Reality development kit headsets will not work with VRWorks Direct Mode in systems that contain GPUs from multiple vendors (for example, NVIDIA and Intel). For such systems, please disable the Intel integrated graphics (from the system BIOS) in order to use Direct Mode.

2. Negative LOD Bias Clamp Negative LOD bias clamp for DirectX applications is not supported on Fermi-based GPUs and late

Application Issues

Fixed Frame Rate Games

Some games and applications are designed to run at a fixed frame rate, and consequently do not take advantage of NVIDIA G-Sync. To prevent issues, G-Sync may be disabled for those applications

What computer are you using?

If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell LatitudeD630 or D630c, it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update