Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

MSFS = Loss Leader?

Hypothesis:  Its not all about the xbox. Some where deep down within all the contracts and partnerships is probably some deal with hardware wholesalers/distributors. How many threads, posts on social media and forums have we seen 'I need to upgrade my PC for the new sim'. Enough to be extremely repetitive. Course there is no way to track that sort of hardware sales for the purpose of MSFS, but if its a potential revenue stream even if a fraction, its still toward the big revenue pot and they will find ways. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

3 hours ago, Colemanuk82 said:

I'm going to have to politely disagree with you guys and say I think this game will sell like cold beer on a hot day on xbox. Time will tell 

You have to understand that not everyone Is interested in flying Planes if there Is no combat nor destruction, who ever likes to fly super man style in the Planet can do It already at Google Maps with or without VR goggles.

There is actually a whole new world out there, outside of Avsim, so ANY posts on this site is but a small drop of the ocean, and cannot be considered a benchmark.

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

13 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

There is actually a whole new world out there, outside of Avsim, so ANY posts on this site is but a small drop of the ocean, and cannot be considered a benchmark.

I've shown the game to plenty and most aren't interested. Those that were willing to have a conversation about it and not brand me boring and to get a life still weren't going to buy it. 

Maybe you did not know your product (well, nobody knows it 100%, as it is unfinished, in alpha state), maybe they DID think that you were boring, maybe you are not meant to be in sales? Theoretically, if you have shown the game to anyone, you are breaking the NDA. 

I'm sure that there are many here, that have been shown the movie clips & will probably wait to see the end result, pricing & reviews. 

Just saying.. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

I would of thought driving trucks around was "boring". Then I gave it a go and I actually love american/ euro truck sim. Different strokes for different folks I guess! I could also  imagine a lot of kids that aspire to be a pilot would love a game like this as well. Who knows what could eventually be added to the game 

• Like 1

Actually There Is no world out There anymore, Avsim, FCBK, Instagram, Reddit and Twitters followers do give an important benchmark for the initial sales and sim usage flow.

If you want to reach 700,000 gamers in the First year as i said before, they Need to start releasing already massive amounts of gameplay video, Rotary alpha programs, a beautiful Flight School, a wonderful SDK ecosystem to keep marketplace items Easy to make and cheap, cheap hardware panels, so forth and so on, if the game remains as an exclusive sophisticated nitche, It would be hard to surpass the numbers i said.

• Upvote 1

You are aware that it will be released for Xbox? hardly an exclusive sophisticated niche'

They dont have to do any more than what they are doing. They do not have to release cheap hardware panels, that's the job for the add-on hardware & software developers, as has been done with prior sims. The SDK will be, or has ben released to developers. 

Anyhow.. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

In sinthesys, there Is a huge room to make this game highly profitable and that Will impact in how much we gonna pay to play. How many sales Will land during the First year? Time Will tell... 😄

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

Maybe you did not know your product (well, nobody knows it 100%, as it is unfinished, in alpha state), maybe they DID think that you were boring, maybe you are not meant to be in sales? Theoretically, if you have shown the game to anyone, you are breaking the NDA. 

I'm sure that there are many here, that have been shown the movie clips & will probably wait to see the end result, pricing & reviews. 

Just saying.. 

I'm clearly talking about the videos and pics put out by Microsoft. 

No, they as gamers just aren't interested in flying a plane for hours on end. Its a niche market. 

37 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

You are aware that it will be released for Xbox? hardly an exclusive sophisticated niche'

They dont have to do any more than what they are doing. They do not have to release cheap hardware panels, that's the job for the add-on hardware & software developers, as has been done with prior sims. The SDK will be, or has ben released to developers. 

Anyhow.. 

What typical Xbox gamer who plays Halo and COD is going to be interested in a flight sim?

• Upvote 1

I'm sure Microsoft has some ideas about that, probably why they are released the sim for Xbox. 

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

17 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

I'm sure Microsoft has some ideas about that, probably why they are released the sim for Xbox. 

Releasing on the Xbox most likely has a minimum cost to them. 

13 hours ago, shawty1984 said:

That's untrue. No 'official' (meaning actual announcements or PR) sources have actually stated it's coming to the Xbox Series X. We don't even know when the game is due on the Xbox yet. 

Huh? It's listed in bold letters on the MSFS website that it'll be available for the the PC and Xbox One.

Microsoft Flight Simulator for Xbox One and Windows 10

1 minute ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

Huh? It's listed in bold letters on the MSFS website that it'll be available for the the PC and Xbox One.

Microsoft Flight Simulator for Xbox One and Windows 10

Yes? The Xbox One isn't the Xbox Series X.