Sign in to follow this  
ah2511

P3D / Oculus CV1 night textures

Hi all

Has anyone experienced issues with night textures looking “rasterised” at night? Looks fine on my monitor, but through the CV1 the clouds/sky are almost showing as bands of colour.

Thanks in advance

Alex

Absolutely yes.  I normally use PTA for my shaders, and I’ve tried many different presets, then I tried reverting to stock, unmod’d shaders.  Nothing helps.  The sky & any clouds that are present look horrible.  

I’m resigned to the fact that to do a truly immersive night flight, use X-Plane11.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

Alas, this appears to be unavoidable with P3D and the original Rift. As the poster above also said, there appears to be nothing to do about it.  The only way to get rid of it is to upgrade your headset. The Rift S, for instance, doesn't have the same problem however it has a problem with deeper black levels, i.e., the night looks a bit grey. While also not ideal, it's is more managable and much preferable to the banding with the orginal Rift.

Thanks guys - sounds like a Rift S or HP Reverb might need to go on my Christmas list!

Cheers

Alex