Sign in to follow this  
disco79stu

Single pack operations

Hi,

when I use single pack ops (ie EZY uses only pack 1 on ground) and packs off for t/o, with button control the PM will switch off pack 1 correctly before takeoff but doesn‘t recognize pack 2 being off already and will switch that one on.

Did I miss something in the options? 

BR

Stu

Edited by disco79stu

Sounds great, thanks. 
A consideration of „pack 2 off“ for the after landing flows in this scenario would be also very nice.

Hi there,

I'm still struggling to get this right. With the latest release, the PM won't turn off pack1 before takeoff when taxi with pack1 on and pack2 off (single pack ground ops).

I have set

- PACKS OFF B. TO CHECKLIST: YES
- PACKS: OFF (on departure brief page)

Any advise? 

5 hours ago, byork said:

You need to set the 1 pack off manually for taxi.

The change we made was for people who set 1 pack off manually for taxi, but then had an issue when FS2Crew turned off the packs for the takeoff.

Actually that‘s what I mean. When I taxi with one pack only, the PM won‘t turn off the other one upon reaching below rhe line takeoff checklist, evem though I set the above settings for a packs-off-takeoff. 

6 hours ago, disco79stu said:

Actually that‘s what I mean. When I taxi with one pack only, the PM won‘t turn off the other one upon reaching below rhe line takeoff checklist, evem though I set the above settings for a packs-off-takeoff. 

He should but you know there are two options for turning off the packs for a packs off takeoff.... one during his flow and one during  the Takeoff checklist below the line.

Which config option are you using?

Not sure. I never quite know what the settings wit A. and B. mean. 

As said above I have 

17 hours ago, disco79stu said:

- PACKS OFF B. TO CHECKLIST: YES

Is that the correct one? 

9 minutes ago, disco79stu said:

Not sure. I never quite know what the settings wit A. and B. mean. 

As said above I have 

Is that the correct one? 

With that option, the FO should turn off the packs during the "packs" challenge in the Before TO checklist below the line, not during his flow.

This is done to keep the packs on for the longest period of time possible on hot summer days.

For it to work, Pack 1 needs to be on when you say "off".

So make sure you're turning off Pack 2 during taxi.

• Like 1

Oh, I see.... so aparently I just did‘n wait long enough because I thought he would switch #1 off during the flow. I‘ll give it another try, thanks!