Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

Chase plane destroyed my flight deck

I've just downloaded Chase Plane for P3D v5. But now I can't move around my virtual cockpit. I want to get rid of it, but can't find a way.

Please help!!

Just uninstall it with ORBX. Same way you installed it!!

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Just a suggestion. Go to preferences -> control assignments (at the top) and assign some actions to your input / movement keys. Then you can move around in the cockpit and start assigning new camara views.

There are some community profiles for some aircraft, maybe try a different aircraft, just a thought, not an expert on Chaseplane 

Johan Pienaar

Do not throw false accusations on reputable company. 

Take ur time to find solution as problem is on ur side only.

Artur 

All the controls I use to move around the cockpit have disappeared...my flight yoke POV hat at the top now doesn't work at all 😞

10 minutes ago, benwbriscoe said:

All the controls I use to move around the cockpit have disappeared...my flight yoke POV hat at the top now doesn't work at all 😞

What  did you expect? You neeed to set up your viewing controls in Chaseplane ...

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1. right-click anywhere in the sim window

2. Choose the Chaseplane entry - that should bring you into the virtual cockpit.

3. Bring up the Chaseplane interface.

4. Start assigning views and bind them to your keyboard.

The easiest way is to download "community presets" (click on the community tab on the left)

That said, the interface and the manual are both horrible and extremely clunky. 

41 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Do not throw false accusations on reputable company. 

Take ur time to find solution as problem is on ur side only.

extremely helpful post. If the manual and the interface were less confusing, people wouldn't ask these kinds of questions. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

extremely helpful post. If the manual and the interface were less confusing, people wouldn't ask these kinds of questions. 

Yes, not overly helpful, but to be fair the title of the thread was not particularly helpful in garnering a constructive conversation. It was a bit inflammatory unless the cockpit has indeed been destroyed, which I doubt.

Ian S

38.jpg

12 hours ago, benwbriscoe said:

I've just downloaded Chase Plane for P3D v5. But now I can't move around my virtual cockpit. I want to get rid of it, but can't find a way.

Please help!!

Have you posted your issues at the ChasePlane forum thread at ORBX forums website?. That's the best place to go for this kind of issues.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

People have to learn how to be polite and chose words carefully, not accusing someone or company only because one failed with setting something.

If manual is not enough which i truly doubt, then YT is full of info movies, where one can see how others do things.

Artur 

2 hours ago, Beardyman said:

People have to learn how to be polite and chose words carefully, not accusing someone or company only because one failed with setting something.

If manual is not enough which i truly doubt, then YT is full of info movies, where one can see how others do things.

I agree the title of the thread was a bit harsh and misleading but the whole point of Avsim is a place where people can come and ASK QUESTIONS when they have a problem. To be told to figure it out yourself is not only not helpful it is rude and uncalled for. Some people when they RTFM do not understand so they don't know what to look for. Let's try to solve the problem not add to it.

I don't use the product so I can not help.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I had the chase-plane installed a short time but couldn't find any good manual to use it, so I uninstalled it. Very often I need a better manual than the supplied one. If it is a freeware I can understand the lack of good manuals but if it is a payware I demand better manuals. It is often the same for aircrafts, sceneries and other utilities.

Better manuals are generally needed! 

Edited by jonny

I agree, it takes a while to get used to but after a couple of days you'll be fine. Here is a video I learned a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kyWobvZpLg

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 TI, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.