Sign in to follow this  
regis9

What to Do? V5 Has Great Performance When It's Not Crashing

To add my 2 cents of crashing experiences: What I've tried so far is flying the NGXu (regedit method) with ASP3D, airport addons, Orbx and Pro-ATC X in VR and around an hour or so into the sessions (minutes after reaching TOC usually) I keep running into blue screens. My CPU is slightly overclocked to 5 GHz using a preset saved by the manufacturer in the BIOS.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

33 minutes ago, Mace said:

It's only another data point, but last night I flew the Maddog for v5 on a 2 hour flight and used ASP Beta 3.  Everything was fine, no CTD's.  It was actually a little more like 2.5 hours because I had to circle around to avoid wx.

I was using a relatively low-setting nighttime settings profile (except that EA was enabled), but even then I was at 6.5 gb gfx mem used. That's a lot in my opinion considering that I did not have FSDT KMEM installed, nor ImagineSim KATL installed, and was only using 2048 textures.  However, with DX12 those kinds of gfx mem usages may be the new normal.  Lets hope the new Win10 build releasing later this week really does give us some mem back.

Which Nvidia driver are you on?

Thanks for all of the responses and great information, I have no shortage of things to try out over the next few nights.  First up will be disabling my CPU and RAM overclock...my GPU runs on the factory settings.

Thanks again, it’s a great community we have here.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

16 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Which Nvidia driver are you on?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

7 minutes ago, Mace said:

Yeah, same... this is so bizarre. 

Just now, Chapstick said:

Yeah, same... this is so bizarre. 

In the nvidia control panel, I have everything set to Application-controlled, transparency AA off, low latency off, max framerate off, prefer max performance, Negative LOD Bias set to clamp, tex filtering "high quality", pre-rendered frames 1.

Do you have an 8 GB card or 11?

Rhett

11 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Thanks for all of the responses and great information, I have no shortage of things to try out over the next few nights.  First up will be disabling my CPU and RAM overclock...my GPU runs on the factory settings.

Thanks again, it’s a great community we have here.

Do report back! I haven't really taken off with v5 yet due to my own crash issues (sim crashes that is, not myself crashing 😉).

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

19 minutes ago, Mace said:

In the nvidia control panel, I have everything set to Application-controlled, transparency AA off, low latency off, max framerate off, prefer max performance, Negative LOD Bias set to clamp, tex filtering "high quality", pre-rendered frames 1.

Do you have an 8 GB card or 11?

8GB and NCP is all default

14 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

8GB and NCP is all default

Default isn't necessarily ideal for P3D.  You may want to make sure it's set as I mentioned above, at least for starters.

Rhett

44 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Do report back! I haven't really taken off with v5 yet due to my own crash issues (sim crashes that is, not myself crashing 😉).

Will do for sure!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Ensure you report over at P3D forums as well - let the developers know so they have another data point

• Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

55 minutes ago, Mace said:

Default isn't necessarily ideal for P3D.  You may want to make sure it's set as I mentioned above, at least for starters.

I had pretty similar NCP settings to you before I did the DDU process so I think it's something else.

So for my next test flight I did the following:

- disabled CPU and RAM overclock

- limited FPS to 30 using P3D limiter

- deleted shaders

- did not use Active Sky

- reduced settings slightly

So far I am happily enroute to KIAD from KATL, well past the point that I CTD’d last night.  If the remainder of the flight goes well I’ll try adding Active Sky back in and see what happens.

EDIT: Flight completed successfully.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Glad to see someone getting a completed flight in V5.  I have not been able to complete a flight since updating to V5.  The performance is very good.  However, somewhere around an hour in to my flights the sim freezes, just stops responding.  No crash, just stops responding.  I have tried downclocking, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, run DDU, disable Object Flow, etc.  Same results.

I really like V5, just hope LM can get the bugs out of it in the next HF release.

Danny

Danny

32 minutes ago, DannyR said:

Glad to see someone getting a completed flight in V5.  I have not been able to complete a flight since updating to V5.  The performance is very good.  However, somewhere around an hour in to my flights the sim freezes, just stops responding.  No crash, just stops responding.  I have tried downclocking, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, run DDU, disable Object Flow, etc.  Same results.

I really like V5, just hope LM can get the bugs out of it in the next HF release.

Danny

Same here. I have a 9900, 2080 so my hardware isn't an issue and it doesn't matter what my settings are I'm literally getting different CTD's every time I fly. It irks me that LM  would release software with bugs glory and think it's OK to release HF's for the next 12 months.

Edited by YVRDXBLHR