Sign in to follow this  
regis9

What to Do? V5 Has Great Performance When It's Not Crashing

Update, no issue using the Maddog Wx Radar.  More and more pointing to unstable overclocks.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 5/31/2020 at 7:45 PM, threegreen said:

I have overclocked my CPU slightly from 4.7-ish to 5 GHz using a preset from the manufacturer.

Then you are driving your CPU too high from the voltage, thats what these presets are doing, They turn the voltage too much up.

Proper overclocking is a long game fiddling with clocks, voltages and in-depth testing with Prime64 (or other tools).

• Like 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Anyone with problems should in the first instance check with basic settings and a stock install with no addon so that without further time consumed the basic system can be checked. We know the basic setup works well so removing all the unknowns to get a baseline check is going to make progress with working out problems easier and quicker.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

16 hours ago, regis9 said:

Update, no issue using the Maddog Wx Radar.  More and more pointing to unstable overclocks.

I also think there is something to this.  

In this thread or another some of you were talking about AVX offsets, and clocking in general.  It got me to re-visit my own overclock settings.  After a limited number of flights I think I'm at a more stable place with my clock and this sim and its settings. 

And it appears to me that right now HF1 is finicky if we get clock and voltage fluctuations, but that's just conjecture based on what I've seen.  Anyway, things like AVX, SpeedStep (ASUS calls it this, not sure about Gigabyte, etc.), core voltage, and maybe even Windows Power Settings play right into that -- that's all my thinking, anyway.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

In case it helps, I’ll add that my overclocks are “lazy” overclocks through the motherboard (gigabyte in my case) software or automatic cpu upgrades through the bios.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU