Sign in to follow this  
Toktok

Spring Season Sale

2 minutes ago, jskibo said:

V5 installers coming?

+1

• Like 1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

These guys have become expensive. I still have five of their sceneries (both FSX and P3D versions included) bought for between $10 and $15 on sales, not even three years ago. Now the sales prices start at around $20 and you have to buy FSX and P3D separate; in other words it'll cost you minimum $40. That is 200-300% inflation! Either the world has gone crazy or other people have suddenly become much wealthier than me.

• Like 2

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

5 hours ago, rooitou said:

These guys have become expensive. I still have five of their sceneries (both FSX and P3D versions included) bought for between $10 and $15 on sales, not even three years ago. Now the sales prices start at around $20 and you have to buy FSX and P3D separate; in other words it'll cost you minimum $40. That is 200-300% inflation! Either the world has gone crazy or other people have suddenly become much wealthier than me.

Where the heck did you get your math and economics lessons from? How did you arrive at "200-300% inflation" theory? Our products have always been priced from the beginning with no increases over the years for 13 straight years now. All prices from the legacy FSX products, and P3DV4 have never ever changed from their original prices to date; no increases whatsoever. Only the discount pricing are variable or different with each product and you've taken advantage of that through Sales. Since last year, we've been pricing Sales at fixed 20% and will continue to do from thereon as it is our business decision and not yours. We are a business and have overheads and other costs to cover and our pricing will continue to reflect that going forward. And just so you know, If you bought any of our FSX sim platform products, you get the same products for P3DV4 sim platform FREE. Everyone who has bought our products will educate you about that as well. We will do likewise with P3DV5 when we release the same upgraded P3DV5 installers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

There are some overpriced addons out there but PacSim is certainly not one of them in my opinion.  I’ve always felt that I get good value for my money and have never regretted a purchase.

Looking forward to the v5 updates and thanks for the sale opportunities.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I bought few PacSim softwares for FSX and am very happy with them but UNFORTUNATElY, I am unable to buy more because PacSim stopped selling through retail flight simming websites and switched to PayPal system via PacSim website.

Sorry but I avoid Paypal and would NEVER touch Paypal.

Hoping PacSim would resume selling through retail flight simming websites.

signCopy.jpg

Same here, I own 6 of their airports and have never had any issues with none of them. Customer service is top notch too, never regretted a single purchase there.

Back to the question - are installers for v5 coming for existing sceneries?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

5 minutes ago, Toktok said:

Read announcement here:  https://www.facebook.com/islandsim/

Thank you

Shom

21 hours ago, Toktok said:

And just so you know, If you bought any of our FSX sim platform products, you get the same products for P3DV4 sim platform FREE. Everyone who has bought our products will educate you about that as well. We will do likewise with P3DV5 when we release the same upgraded P3DV5 installers.

Apologies, didn't know - that reduces my 200-300% inflation number considerably and makes it much more affordable for those of us still clinging to FSX. Perhaps you should have that clearly printed somewhere, as I certainly didn't know and haven't bought in the last two years because of it.

21 hours ago, Toktok said:

Only the discount pricing are variable or different with each product and you've taken advantage of that through Sales. Since last year, we've been pricing Sales at fixed 20% and will continue to do from thereon as it is our business decision and not yours. We are a business and have overheads and other costs to cover and our pricing will continue to reflect that going forward.

Yes, I picked up your products at good discounts in the past as they were excellent value back then. Really sad to see the change in policy as I live in one of many countries with a weakening exchange rate against the US$. Not only have your product prices in those currencies increased, but your sales discounts have also decreased - ie a "double whammy". I have also considerably reduced my purchases of scenery due to the upcoming release of MS FS2020 and will now only buy something if it is literally screaming value. That is my consumer decision, sorry.

Having said all of that (and thanks to your clarification), your scenery is definitely in the better value range compared to many other developers, who do indeed charge separately for FSX and P3D versions and/or upgrade fees etc. For those with stronger wallets than mine, your products must be very appealing.

Edited by rooitou
  • Like 2

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

14 hours ago, rooitou said:

I live in one of many countries with a weakening exchange rate against the US$.

I don’t see how that’s their problem since they have to stay afloat as a business in their own currency. Not in yours. 

Having said that, their sulking reply here really made me wanna post a “U mad, bro?”

8 hours ago, flycln said:

I don’t see how that’s their problem since they have to stay afloat as a business in their own currency. Not in yours. 

Having said that, their sulking reply here really made me wanna post a “U mad, bro?”

Yep, you are 100% correct, I forgot to add that, and they can't be expected to compensate for every currency fluctuation around the world. (But it may partly explain why some customers are dropping away though). It is commendable that they kept prices stable in US$ terms, as many other developers have escalated.

LOL, yes the response came across as a kind of "take-it or get-lost" attitude, but that's ok. I made a statement which was factually incorrect and they pointed that out, no hard feelings. Plus I've had good customer support from them in the past, so I know they're good guys.

I do like the PacSim products and will gladly buy again if the incentive is big enough.

Edited by rooitou
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I also find Imaginesims business decisions puzzling....they haven't offered any discount at all in nearly last two years, strange even more so in these uncertain times. Purchase decisions based on final cost (without any discount) in buying any more of their products is difficult, or in my case no longer considered. In comparison for example, Flightbeam who currently have a 30% discount (for example KSFO was US $30 now US$19.50) and FlyTampa KLAS Las Vegas which is normally $32us (€29) but is now US $22.50 (€20.30) with simmarkets current 30% discount are lures for your wallet. If one was considering where to spend any spare dollars why would they purchase, say, Imaginesims Atlanta (KATL) for £25 (US$30) or Pacsims Salt Lake City (KSLC) for US $35.50 (currently US$28.40)?

I agree with rooitou above, that if the incentive is big enough i may be able to justify the inclination to purchase.