Sign in to follow this  
JuanPablo02

SODE not working

When I have installed P3D again after complete reinstall of windows SODE no longer works. After reading a lot on the internet I realized this may be due to SimConnect since on the new install of Windows 10 I have never had FSX but I did have it on the old install. How can I solve this I have tried installing all the SimConnect.msi but it made no diffence, it shows as activated and Simconnect ok everywhere. Anyone have a suggestion?

Have you already registered SODE in the sim again with the SODEPlatformManager (X:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE)?

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Do you mean register as in making the Red thing green? If that then yes. Several times.

Also check your version.  Looks like it was recently updated to version 1.7

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I have that version installed. So as you see I’ve tried just about everything I can think of.

Check your Antivirus software to see if it has been removed/terminated because the AV software thinks its malware.

Kind Regards,

Peter

I disabled the windows firewall and virus protection and then uninstalled and reinstalled

Antivirus and Firewall should normally not affect the SODE installation. Actually I would be very hesitant to deactivate those for any flight-sim add on.

Best place to go now is the developer's forum: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?forum=support Jeffrey is very helpful and will surely find the problem.

Some more things to check before you post there:
1) Is SODE listed in the add-ons.cfg in X:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4? This is how it should look:
[Package.0]
PATH=X:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\P3Dv4
TITLE=SODE
ACTIVE=true

2) Have you used the SimConnect version that comes with P3D? You find it in:
Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

3) Is there a SODE.log in X:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\log?

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

I did somehow fix it, but this time i used the V 1.6.8 installer for SODE and not V 1.7.0 but i also disabled firewall and virus protection. So dont know what did it. I dont know if i want to update now.

I have often had great trouble updating SODE, often because I couldn't register it properly. In one of your posts you said you registered it several times. If you start up the SODE platform manager, does the green thing ever appear to be red again, even though last time you checked it was green?

What I do these days when I update SODE, is to use Lorby's Addon Manager to remove the SODE package entry entirely. Just delete it. Then, uninstall SODE. Then, install the NEW version of SODE. It will open the platform manager automatically. In my case, when I then click the register button, it often doesn't seem to work. But, it always works... Just close it and start P3D and it should be fine.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I know this is a 2 year old topic but I wanted to report my findings in case it could help somebody like me in the future. I had similar issue. Got the simconnect error and gates weren't showing up. Basically I had to go into Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib like stated above and run the program and the issue was resolved.

Julian McCoy