Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

We need an default scenery exclude tool for P3DV5

I have tried adding a lot of scenery for P3DV4 into P3DV5 using the great Lorby Si Addon manager  They work for the most part but the default scenery bleeds through. Ini builds have posted a bunch of exclude files that work very well. An example is the Taxi to Gate KMCO. Is it possible for one of our talented developers to make a tool that would construct an exclude BGL for a designated airport?

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

inibuilds has been so helpful here.  I'm very appreciative that they keep adding adding these.  As recently as yesterday actually

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

There's no need to develop a tool.

You just need to use ADE, Airport Designer Editor This gives you the ability to to add poly exclusions etc.

It supports v5 already. You should be able to to create the exclude yourself using this tool.

Regards

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

6 minutes ago, aldridgem said:

There's no need to develop a tool.

You just need to use ADE, Airport Designer Editor This gives you the ability to to add poly exclusions etc.

It supports v5 already. You should be able to to create the exclude yourself using this tool.

Correct, but completely misses the point.

I don't want to have to create individual exclusion rectangles for all 150+ add-on sceneries that I own.
It's already taking me long enough to install v5 scenery, aeroplane add-ons and utilities as it is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 minutes ago, F737NG said:

I don't want to have to create individual exclusion rectangles for all 150+ add-on sceneries that I own.
It's already taking me long enough to install v5 scenery, aeroplane add-ons and utilities as it is.

Then I suggest to only install v5 compatible sceneries...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

The best thing (IMO) would be if somebody made a quick youtube tutorial using ADE.  I know I would appreciate it. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

16 minutes ago, micstatic said:

The best thing (IMO) would be if somebody made a quick youtube tutorial using ADE.  I know I would appreciate it. 

100% agree

Try typing "using ADE to exclude scenery" in Google video search - got 3800 hits. Type it in youtube search - more hits.

Some are specific some are general.

Vic

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5 hours ago, F737NG said:

Its a good time to learn ADE based on the available tutorials . With a 150+ sceneries you going to be waiting a long time to expect everything to be modified by someone else.....

Not sure thats realistic....

Regards

• Like 2

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Thanks for the ADE tip. I have only used ADE in the past to correct Navaids. I will look into how do due excludes.

Greg

Greg Morin

It appears that some people are quick to defend the word not allowed status quo of how things are done.

Lots of people (me included) are quite aware of how ADE works and use it often. Despite what was alledged, I'm not going to sit here and wait for someone else to do the work for me. I'm just highlighting how being required to manually add exclusions to each AFD file is a poor use of everyone's time.

Simple fact is, no end user should have to download a separate app, read a 309-page manual and manually exclude default scenery on a one-by-one basis just to prevent it from bleeding through the add-on stuff we actually want to see.

This is an issue with the way P3D is designed. Simply setting any type of scenery at a higher priority level is not sufficient to exclude the lower priority ones at the same location.

No doubt the apologists will make the typical claims at how it's a user problem.
I don't understand why they are happy for many thousands of hours to be wasted by us collectively on something that could and should have been addressed at the source by LM a long time ago.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

What we need is developers to make V5 compatible scenery not 4-5 year patched FSX scenery all the time users keep buy old FSX patched scenery were is the incentive, next thing you know they will move on too a new sim.    

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I did it with ADE. Works great!

• Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Can we have some sort of community uploads similar to the updated .cfg files shared on FSDT. As someone creates an updated file they can share it with others so we are not all changing the same things. I am sure some terms and conditions (private use, not for on-sell etc) could be written to respect EULAs. Not sure if the avsim library could host these?

Ian S

38.jpg

Scruffy Duck presented a method on FS Developer. You delete the buildings that are showing through the scenery from the stock airport.

1. Load the stock airport in ADE 179. It is important to note the location and file name of the airport and write them down. KBGR is in P3DV5 scenery folder 0302 scenery and is named APX29160.BGL.

2. Left click on the building you want to delete. This will highlight it. Right click to delete. Note you are only deleting the building from the scenery not the P3DV5 library.

3. Compile the airport and save it.

4. Rename the save airport to the stock airport's code you want to replace. APX29160.BGL in the case of KBGR.

5. Rename the original airport to .off instead of .bgl

No more default buildings showing through.

Greg

• Like 1

Greg Morin