Sign in to follow this  
canadiantree

What is your current internet speed for MSFS2020

What is your current internet speed for MSFS2020  

308 members have voted

1. 1. With internet speed being so important for image quality in FS2020, I'm curious, where do you sit?

• < 1 Mbps
    • 1 - 3 Mbps
    • 3 - 5 Mbps
    • 5 - 10 Mbps
    • 10 - 20 Mbps
    • 20 - 50 Mbps
    • 50 - 200 Mbps
    • > 200 Mbps

20 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Maybe share some of your Mbps with others 😄.

Yeah, and they'll share some of their fps with you too. 😄

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

26 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Yeah, and they'll share some of their fps with you too. 😄

At least since P3D v5 I have quite some spare FPS to share myself 🙂 .

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

400/20 I believe. Not that I'm really getting that all the time, but in theory, oh well. Should suffice. The real bottleneck is actually the super crappy wifi receiver on my current desktop, albeit sitting only 3m from the antenna with no major obstructions. With the Apple devices I'm getting that speed easily.

Edited by badderjet

I answered 50-200 range in the poll, but I have Spectrum and even though I pay for 70, much of the time it's only 30 to 40. That may lead me to using a late night sim rather than a flightsim.

45 minutes ago, badderjet said:

400/20 I believe. Not that I'm really getting that all the time, but in theory, oh well. Should suffice. The real bottleneck is actually the super crappy wifi receiver on my current desktop, albeit sitting only 3m from the antenna with no major obstructions. With the Apple devices I'm getting that speed easily.

Have you tried CPL receivers? Made a world of difference for me. 

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

9500065362.png

MSI Tomahawk B550, Ryzen 5800X3D, Gigabyte RTX 4070 Gaming OC, LG Ultragear 27GP850P, 32GB DDR4 RAM, ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280

80 Mbps down / 40 Mbps up.   Sydney (Australia).

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

22 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

Can we just get a moment of silence for that 1 person who is less than 1mbps.

(moment of silence)

Thanks, much appreciated. I couldn't even get a reliable connection to the google speed test, lol. it erred, "were having trouble connecting to this site, please check your connection and try again." 🙂

speed-test.jpg

HughesNet just rocks, support amounts to "we have other users on the same beam that aren't reporting problems".

It's the only thing available, $60 bucks a month, I'm still waiting for DSL through my landline circa 2005, I live in a 3rd world country called Idaho.

• Like 3

50/25 up/down mbps

talked to ISP (ATT) who said I should be getting 1/1 Gbps in a month or so

• Like 1

So clearly the "you can't have a game that streams its world online because my internet isnt good enough" crowd were a vocal minority as less than 3% of this poll have under minimum bandwith specs.

Or theyre just trying to put the sim down because "Its not possible to have a flight simulator look this good"

4 Mbps in good days that is to say downloading at a whopping .500-odd MB a sec. (Yes there is a dot before the 5).

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

A thread on this has been done before last year.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg