Sign in to follow this  
julian46

FSL AirBus v2.0.2.450 (for P3D 4.5 HF3)

I'm running P3D V4.5 HotFix 3 and the latest download from FSL - (v2.0.2.450) for the A320-X, A319-X and A321-X for P3D v4 (64-bit) with Linda 3.2.4 and FSUIPC 6 (latest) - getting some stuck / non responsive / stacking controls (where you flick a switch and nothing happens till later and they all get released at once) (also some work all the time fine and other controls just get delayed and or stuck and trigger later even though they show as a LOG lua event in the Linda console)

Is there a new FSL...MCRO file for this update ?

thanks

The latest FSLabs A3XX module included an updated .MCRO file which needs to be installed in the same folder as FSUIPC6.dll and LINDA.exe.

You don’t say what buttons are not working. Also ensure that you have no LINDA error lines in FSUIPC6.log. This will cause the problems you report. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

The FSL A32X Linda download Im running is 1.40 - from Jan 4th 2020 -  (but this latest FSL download for P3D 4.5 HotFix3) - came out fairly recently April 19th 2020 / (so my FSL..MCRO file is from Feb 17 / 2020 - is that still the latest ? (The linda docs indicate when ever a new FSL download comes out, the mcro file needs to be updated)

Its the engine selector and ignition switches and lights - fuel works ok - the odd thing is - even clicking them in the virtual cockpit doesnt always flick them - (only when Linda is running from what I can tell) - its also intermittent - sometimes it works just fine and other times like I said theres a delay or they all just get buffered until something releases them - most recently just know was when I enabled logging to the console in Linda

I have not installed the FSLabs update. I will do so tomorrow and run some checks. The last time they did an update they mored the goal posts (again).

Edited by ScotFlieger
  • Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

6 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

I have not installed the FSLabs update. I will do so tomorrow and run some checks. The last time they did an update they mored the goal posts (again).

I see - no worries - thanks again

Edited by ScotFlieger

Just to update you. FSUIPC6 no longer appears to be responding the ipc.macro() instruction that calls the FSLA3XX_MAIN.MCRO listed macros. This problem is apparent with P3Dv4.5 HF3 and P3Dv5 HF1. I have passed this query onto the FSUIPC developer and will report back when I have something.

EDIT. Please confirm what version of FSUIPC and its installed location you are using.

Edited by ScotFlieger
  • Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks for troubleshooting this - I am using FSUIPC v6.0.8 and it resides in the ..\Prepare3D v4\Modules folder (same location linda.exe, lua and .mcro file are)

EDIT - I just re-read the FSUIPC install instructions and your linda notes - so the installation folder may have something to do with it - I see FSUIPC defaults to the new add on method as opposed to the old default dll method - I will reinstall and make note of that

Edited by julian46

I have had some feedback that has allowed be to get the macros working correctly.

With FSUIPC 6.0.8 the .MCRO files should be moved up one level into the P3Dv4.5 directory alongside /FSUIPC6. I have challenged why this change has been made.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I am going to reinstall FSUIPC (and deselect the addon method) and use DLL - I already had the mcro file in the root of the Modules folder with the FSUIPC6.dll (but had not told fsuipc to use the dll method on install for V6 - so that could explain it) - thanks again

9 minutes ago, julian46 said:

I am going to reinstall FSUIPC (and deselect the addon method) and use DLL - I already had the mcro file in the root of the Modules folder with the FSUIPC6.dll (but had not told fsuipc to use the dll method on install for V6 - so that could explain it) - thanks again

I am not sure that this will solve the problem. I am advised that FSUIPC6 uses the installation directory for the expected location of the .MCROS files. You may still need to move the .MCRO files up one level. Also the .DLL installation option still creates a add-ons.xml file in the P3D v4 add-ons directory pointing to the /module/fsuipc6.dll file.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Ill see what happens at least now we have an idea whats going on - the FSUIPC instructions say if you had FSUIPC5 (which I did) -it will default to using that as the installation folder - which in my case is the root of Modules (thats where the V5 FSUIPC dll resided) - so it defaulted to that folder on the V6 install and thats where the new FSUIPC dll sits too (right in the root of Modules) - all my other lua scripts are also in that folder and mcro files for other aircraft so to that looked and seems normal - the add-on.xml default of the new FSUIPC 6 installer is what surprised me (I guess) of course we should read the install instructions closely even on upgrades  (but I think they should make that stand out a bit more on the V6 install - anyway will reinstall and see what happens)

EDIT - removed FSUIPC 6.0.8 and reinstalled using the DLL method - (so unchecked use addon.xml) - installed to ..\Modules folder (same location as all other lua scripts, linda.exe and .mcro files)

It seems way better - all Linda mapped (and other) controls work now for setting up this flight.
(no stuck controls or buffering or stacking of commands) - curious to see if this fixes some other non responsive button mappings and lua scripts too recently (with other aircraft since I upgraded to FSUIPC6)

Will post an update when I land.

Edited by julian46

** UPDATE **  - (after reinstalling FSUIPC V6 in dll mode - by unchecking top addon.xml option) - totally fine - fixed the Linda / FSL Airbus Pro 64 issue (with delayed and buffering of controls) (all in P3D ..\Modules folder - once again may not be the new recommended way Lockheed Martin suggests but in this case solved my issue. (FSUIPC V5 and earlier used this dll method)

Edited by julian46

Laminar Research is X-Plane. Do you mean Lockheed Martin for P3D?

Thank you for the update.

• Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello 

Does anyone tested this currently module for the new FSLabs A320 available for P3Dv5 ?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Edited by MarcM

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO