Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Liverpool ALWAYS disappears!

I have a problem with one part of the world.  LIVERPOOL, England!  I purchased Digital Design's Liverpool when it came out for P3d4 and I recently purchased UK2000 Liverpool as well.

Here's what happens and I'm totally perplexed by it:

It doesn't matter which Liverpool I install ..... it works right after I install it, but it disappears 1 or 2 days afterwards. It's still in my P3d Scenery Library, but the scenery reverts back to default Liverpool after about 24 hours.  I have installed this scenery no less than 20 times, and it still disappears.

When I used Digital Design Liverpool in P3d4, it did the exact same thing.  Now in version5, UK 2000 is doing the same thing.

The scenery is also greyed out in the Library, and that is another issue which bothers me.  

I bought Manchester and Liverpool from UK2000 at the same time, and Manchester always stays there.  Liverpool, like the Beatles, disappears!

If you know why this is happening or have a clue for me, I would appreciate it.

Stan

If it's been a hard day's night trying to sort this, go to Lorby's website and download and install Lorby Prepar3D Addon Organizer. (it's very generously Free, thanks Oliver). Open it up, highlight and then move Liverpool Airport Scenery up to as near to the top of the list as it will go, then save the file. That should have it sorted out.

It's usually caused by the different install methods developers use. Typically the add-ons which use the better method of XML files external to the main P3D folder, end up with their sceneries getting priority over add-ons installed in the more traditional way. Not always the case, but this is often a cause. so what is normally the problem, is Orbx scenery gets priority over your Liverpool scenery and then you cannot see it. Lorby's groovy little organiser thing sort this out.

He should charge for it but doesn't, it is a very cool utility. So if you find it useful, go and buy his WAMA or Firefighter or Cropduster or something, so he gets some cash. Those are all cool too.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks Chock,

You're always there....and very helpful.

Thanks again.  Just downloaded Lorby Organizer.

Stam

Sims are funny. I bet many people wish Liverpool would just disappear, but in the sim it's a problem.

1 hour ago, flycln said:

Sims are funny. I bet many people wish Liverpool would just disappear, but in the sim it's a problem.

If it wasn't nailed down, it would have disappeared years ago. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

LFC - Champions in wait... YNWA

• Like 1

David Porrett

2 hours ago, flycln said:

I bet many people wish Liverpool would just disappear,

Mostly just Manchester United fans.... 😛

• Like 1

Chock,

Just used Lorby's and it sure did exactly what you said it would.  Moved Liverpool and Manchester to the top and they looooook good!  I really like Liverpool (John Lennon) airport, perhaps because I'm such a fan of the Beatles, but also because I find it in an excellent proximity to the rest of England and Ireland. It's not intensive on the frames and take offs and landings are quite picturesque over the cool looking bridge and various industries.  I would like to visit Liverpool and the Cavern once the traveling restrictions are lifted and it's safe to travel again.

Also love the sitcom, "Bread" which is placed in Liverpool.  Perhaps one of the best British sitcoms that I really enjoy.  I've seen the entire series, and I was hoping they'd renew the concept, but they haven't.

Thanks again, Chock.  Problem solved.

Stan

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, spilok said:

Chock,

Just used Lorby's and it sure did exactly what you said it would.  Moved Liverpool and Manchester to the top and they looooook good!  I really like Liverpool (John Lennon) airport, perhaps because I'm such a fan of the Beatles, but also because I find it in an excellent proximity to the rest of England and Ireland. It's not intensive on the frames and take offs and landings are quite picturesque over the cool looking bridge and various industries.  I would like to visit Liverpool and the Cavern once the traveling restrictions are lifted and it's safe to travel again.

Also love the sitcom, "Bread" which is placed in Liverpool.  Perhaps one of the best British sitcoms that I really enjoy.  I've seen the entire series, and I was hoping they'd renew the concept, but they haven't.

Thanks again, Chock.  Problem solved.

Stan

Glad you got it sorted. The Cavern Club is kind of cool to visit if you do find yourself over Liverpool way. It's got some, shall we say 'interesting' acoustics when you play there though!

You might have noticed, if you've watched any of my channel vids, that I use Liverpool airport as the place to do a lot of reviews, and there are a few good reasons for that: With it being near to Manchester Airport, it is a good test for frame rates because of all the AI in the area. Then you've got the Mersey Estuary right alongside, so it's good to test graphics settings and with the approach lights for 09 being on a structure which goes out into the Estuary and the perimeter of the airfield going down into the water, it's good for testing meshes and tessellation settings. The runways being on 270/09 alignment means it's also good for flying circuits with each heading on a cardinal point and if you use a left hand circuit you are over the water, which means you can make your turns low down and still be legal in terms of VFR distance rules. And last but not least, the smoke from the chimneys of Stanlow Refinery on the other side of the Estuary at Ellesmere Port help you judge the wind direction and speed!

Fun EGGP sightseeing fact for flight simmers: If you come off runway 27 at Liverpool, stay low and immediately and turn right to head up the coastline, when you get to the first set of docks after a minute or so of flying and look to the right, that's where the offices of Simul are located; they're the ones who developed TruSky.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Glad you got it sorted. The Cavern Club is kind of cool to visit if you do find yourself over Liverpool way. It's got some, shall we say 'interesting' acoustics when you play there though!

You might have noticed, if you've watched any of my channel vids, that I use Liverpool airport as the place to do a lot of reviews, and there are a few good reasons for that: With it being near to Manchester Airport, it is a good test for frame rates because of all the AI in the area. Then you've got the Mersey Estuary right alongside, so it's good to test graphics settings and with the approach lights for 09 being on a structure which goes out into the Estuary and the perimeter of the airfield going down into the water, it's good for testing meshes and tessellation settings. The runways being on 270/09 alignment means it's also good for flying circuits with each heading on a cardinal point and if you use a left hand circuit you are over the water, which means you can make your turns low down and still be legal in terms of VFR distance rules. And last but not least, the smoke from the chimneys of Stanlow Refinery on the other side of the Estuary at Ellesmere Port help you judge the wind direction and speed!

Fun EGGP sightseeing fact for flight simmers: If you come off runway 27 at Liverpool, stay low and immediately and turn right to head up the coastline, when you get to the first set of docks after a minute or so of flying and look to the right, that's where the offices of Simul are located; they're the ones who developed TruSky.

Very interesting, indeed.  I will pay attention to your channel vids. 

What scenery package do YOU use for Liverpool and Manchester?  Just curious.

Stan

1 minute ago, spilok said:

Very interesting, indeed.  I will pay attention to your channel vids. 

What scenery package do YOU use for Liverpool and Manchester?  Just curious.

Stan

UK2000 - not visually the best, but gets good FPS

Alan Bradbury

I was based out of Liverpool back in the mid 90’s flying HS748 freighters.

i remember flying right hand circuits on 09 flying along the river and the approach lights stretching out into the river.

My other memories include a strong whiff of chemicals on foggy evenings as you pass overhead the chemical plant near the Runcorn bridge on approach to 27. Also on the northern airfield, which I believe has now been built over? It was reported that there Was the ghost of an old airman!. Our maintenance facility was up there and the engineers would often come back looking spooked.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

22 minutes ago, jon b said:

I was based out of Liverpool back in the mid 90’s flying HS748 freighters.

i remember flying right hand circuits on 09 flying along the river and the approach lights stretching out into the river.

My other memories include a strong whiff of chemicals on foggy evenings as you pass overhead the chemical plant near the Runcorn bridge on approach to 27. Also on the northern airfield, which I believe has now been built over? It was reported that there Was the ghost of an old airman!. Our maintenance facility was up there and the engineers would often come back looking spooked.

Yup, I've heard a few stories about ghosts on the old Speke airfield. Similar stories prevail at Manchester.

Alan Bradbury

@spilok, you may have noticed your post attracted a few comments about Liverpool and Manchester in relation to football. I won’t add to those as I have an allegiance to one of them. These two cities still have a great rivalry. Today it’s football and music but over 100 years ago it was trade.

Manchester ended up building the Ship Canal so ships could dock in the city and offload their cargo instead of it being done in Liverpool who benefitted financially.

My shortest Concorde flight is departing 23L at EGCC and landing 5 minutes later on 27 at EGGP. Great practice! 😁

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 hours ago, DavidP said:

LFC - Champions in wait... YNWA

Not sure about that!

e6HD0TH.jpg

🤣 I'm joking, I'm joking...

As United fan, it would be amusing (albeit outrageously unfair) if the season was null and voided.
Liverpool thoroughly deserve to win the title this year after a 30-year wait.

11 hours ago, spilok said:

Problem solved

Good to hear. I'll pick up DD's EGGP at some point.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter