Sign in to follow this  
_Airbus_Fan_

Tomatoshade for P3D v5

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

You have 2 shader presets : High performance and High Quality

Those presets you can finetune to your liking with several Sliders :

Thanks Gerald.

I only fly with Truesky now which generally has far superior lighting, so unless it can be used to adjust some of those parameters which it probably can't while the enhanced atmospherics are still in beta, I think it's useless for me anyway

thanks though.

erich

YES TrueSky is very good, but the night environment is far too bright. It can't be that at midnight you can see the plane completely from the outside!
In addition, the sun play on the water is much too strong, it doesn't look nice anymore.

yekdspba.jpg

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

54 minutes ago, _Airbus_Fan_ said:

YES TrueSky is very good, but the night environment is far too bright. It can't be that at midnight you can see the plane completely from the outside!
In addition, the sun play on the water is much too strong, it doesn't look nice anymore.

yekdspba.jpg

Remember that Truesky is a beta, so the shaders will be improved. Patience it can only be improved.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Thanks Gerald.

I only fly with Truesky now which generally has far superior lighting, so unless it can be used to adjust some of those parameters which it probably can't while the enhanced atmospherics are still in beta, I think it's useless for me anyway

thanks though.

erich

True Sky for me is to unsharp with a mini mini sun in the sky

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

5 minutes ago, GSalden said:

True Sky for me is to unsharp with a mini mini sun in the sky

I don't look at the sun much.  It'll burn my retinas.  🙂   So doesn't bother me that much.  

26 minutes ago, GSalden said:

True Sky ist für mich das Schärfen mit einer Mini-Mini-Sonne am Himmel

Maybe we should still wait for REX EF for P3Dv5 and see what possibilities it brings.
And Rex Skyforce §D for P3d V5 will fix the sun and the moon as in V4 !!

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

That's why many patient folks are still with 4.5HF2 🙂

With this plus all the DX12 hiccups and crashes and addons not compatible , it is 4.5 HF3 for me at the moment. I mainly use TS for atmospheric tweaks ( e.g. Raleigh Scattering effect , Sky Fog tuning , autogen light reflection etc). In V4 , it is a must of else my sim looks horrible ( the persistent haze effect  and washed out colors) .

But judging from the screenshots of v5 only with TrueSky/Enhanced AT , there may be no need  for PTA/TS  since it already provides a more realistic color and atmosphere. If you want to add some " icing on the cake" , Envdir can make some adjustments that will do the job.

I recently found a tweak in TomatoShade  which adds additional shadows to the terrain mesh , greatly enhancing ridges and mountainous areas . Gave it a try a few days ago , combined with the proper sky textures in REX SF , and other TS enhancements , and my sim has taken on a new life. Mountains are now looking almost photoreal ( this is with just Orbx LC and aftermarket mesh). Mesh looks much more high resolution , even at high altitudes. Took a flight yesterday in Mexico flying at FL350 and was amazed at the ground textures …. Wish I had discovered this sooner.

Once we get into a 5.1/5.2 version , crashes are fixed , all addons become compatible , and Enhanced Atmospherics works well , will probably move over to V5 as I already have a 11GB GPU and performance looks like to be improved in v5.

Edited by planechaser
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, planechaser said:

With this plus all the DX12 hiccups and crashes and addons not compatible , it is 4.5 HF3 for me at the moment. I mainly use TS for atmospheric tweaks ( e.g. Raleigh Scattering effect , Sky Fog tuning , autogen light reflection etc). In V4 , it is a must of else my sim looks horrible ( the persistent haze effect  and washed out colors) .

But judging from the screenshots of v5 only with TrueSky/Enhanced AT , there may be no need  for PTA/TS  since it already provides a more realistic color and atmosphere. If you want to add some " icing on the cake" , Envdir can make some adjustments that will do the job.

I recently found a tweak in TomatoShade  which adds additional shadows to the terrain mesh , greatly enhancing ridges and mountainous areas . Gave it a try a few days ago , combined with the proper sky textures in REX SF , and other TS enhancements , and my sim has taken on a new life. Mountains are now looking almost photoreal ( this is with just Orbx LC and aftermarket mesh). Mesh looks much more high resolution , even at high altitudes. Took a flight yesterday in Mexico flying at FL350 and was amazed at the ground textures …. Wish I had discovered this sooner.

Once we get into a 5.1/5.2 version , crashes are fixed , all addons become compatible , and Enhanced Atmospherics works well , will probably move over to V5 as I already have a 11GB GPU and performance looks like to be improved in v5.

+ 100,000

1 hour ago, _Airbus_Fan_ said:

Maybe we should still wait for REX EF for P3Dv5 and see what possibilities it brings.
And Rex Skyforce §D for P3d V5 will fix the sun and the moon as in V4 !!

You cannot modify the True Sky definition files. LM has to give us the possibility to do so.

In legacy mode you can like in V4 as then regular sky, sun and moon are being used.

Sun.jpg

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

50 minutes ago, GSalden said:

You cannot modify the True Sky definition files. LM has to give us the possibility to do so.

In legacy mode you can like in V4 as then regular sky, sun and moon are being used.

Sun.jpg

It is not LM that provides Truesky but Simul. https://simul.co/
They have no obligation to give the opportunity to amend it.
We’d love to, but if LM bought the license.

Edited by guibru

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

16 minutes ago, guibru said:

Wonder if this will ever happen. I would happily buy a license myself if it meant I could edit the files that LM use for true sky but I know it’s not that simple. I am sure it’s in the works to have devs be able to edit the shaders etc so we can change how it looks, otherwise people will just go back to the old addons for Non EA mode.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

15 minutes ago, guibru said:

Isn’t it LM that gives us P3D ..., ?  So it is up to them to decide what we are allowed to do.

Simul is separate from what LM’s strategy is.

There is a trusky SDK for £75, but I have read that LM used binaries so we can't adjust what the sim renders