Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Aircraft stop position

I perused the forum and read the manual, but I can't seem to find an answer. I recently bought and installed UGCX because I am primarily interested in pushback and arrival marshaling. However so far, each arrival has resulted in being marshalled to an inappropriate stop position sometimes even out of reach of the jetway, but always far from the painted stop bar. I suspect this has everything to do with the AFCAD. But...what's the solution? Obviously an A330-300 needs to stop it's nose wheel at a different place than an MD-80, especially when using door 2L, but I can't see a way to program an offset for either a plane or parking position. Is this a capability? If not would you consider adding this feature? GSX is certainly complicated and more prone to crashes because of the complexity, but the ability to specify the stop position is something I took for granted when switching to UGCX. Hopefully I am just not finding the right spot to set this.

Thanks!

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

13 hours ago, cwburnett said:

I perused the forum and read the manual, but I can't seem to find an answer. I recently bought and installed UGCX because I am primarily interested in pushback and arrival marshaling. However so far, each arrival has resulted in being marshalled to an inappropriate stop position sometimes even out of reach of the jetway, but always far from the painted stop bar. I suspect this has everything to do with the AFCAD. But...what's the solution? Obviously an A330-300 needs to stop it's nose wheel at a different place than an MD-80, especially when using door 2L, but I can't see a way to program an offset for either a plane or parking position. Is this a capability? If not would you consider adding this feature? GSX is certainly complicated and more prone to crashes because of the complexity, but the ability to specify the stop position is something I took for granted when switching to UGCX. Hopefully I am just not finding the right spot to set this.

Hey cwburnett,

You are correct, before v2.0 (which is now in BETA, not released yet), there is no way to configure the stop position when marshalling operations. The marshaller will guide and stop you at an offset from the parking's center location to the location where the nose wheel is. This position may not be suitable for connect the jetway to the main door exit. Since v2.0, a new aircraft offset customization has been added: Main door exit. Which is used to calculate the stop position for the aircraft when the marshaller is guiding you to the stop position. By default, UGCX v2.0, will read your default main aircraft exit door location and calculate the stop position for that door. However, you will be able to customize this main exit door location, using the "Customize Aircraft Offsets" window.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

Yeah, I too found it quite weird at Flightbeam's SEQM, when asking for a push-back on a MilViz 737-200, to be pushed back straight, then across a grass bank,  then onto the next apron parking bays, when all I wanted was for the aircraft to be pushed back with a 70-90 degree turn facing the departure Runway, and there is only one long Runway at SEQM, instead of a merry-go-around dance🤣

2 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

Hey cwburnett,

You are correct, before v2.0 (which is now in BETA, not released yet), there is no way to configure the stop position when marshalling operations. The marshaller will guide and stop you at an offset from the parking's center location to the location where the nose wheel is. This position may not be suitable for connect the jetway to the main door exit. Since v2.0, a new aircraft offset customization has been added: Main door exit. Which is used to calculate the stop position for the aircraft when the marshaller is guiding you to the stop position. By default, UGCX v2.0, will read your default main aircraft exit door location and calculate the stop position for that door. However, you will be able to customize this main exit door location, using the "Customize Aircraft Offsets" window.

Cheers,

Manuel

Thanks Manuel, I look forward to the update. However, it sounds like this means that there's no way to adjust the stop position of a particular parking position, but rather just adjust the door location globally for the aircraft, right?

2 hours ago, cwburnett said:

However, it sounds like this means that there's no way to adjust the stop position of a particular parking position, but rather just adjust the door location globally for the aircraft, right?

At the moment yes.....this may evolve according your suggestions and our ideas.

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

At the moment yes.....this may evolve according your suggestions and our ideas.

Manuel

Thanks, I will think about it some more and if you want to brainstorm ideas I'm happy to help 😉

I'll do some more testing and see if I can come up with a not-so-over-complicated way to address this.  Looking forward to v2.