Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

Global base v5 update?

Noticed a small update when I launched orbx central today. Anybody know what got updated ?  Didn’t see release notes 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

You do know that they have an ORBX forum.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

They've been going thru and making stuff even more V5 compatible , I had 6 airports updated a couple of days ago (that were previously on the v5 compabtible list.)  

• Upvote 2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

4 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

You do know that they have an ORBX forum.

not a super helpful response.  Especially since I didn't see anything on their forum.  

If people only went to the forum of the product.  We would not be able to discuss PMDG, FSLabs, Orbx, Aerosoft here.  Heck even Lockheed has their own forum

Edited by micstatic
add line
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

not a super helpful response.  Especially since I didn't see anything on their forum.  

If people only went to the forum of the product.  We would not be able to discuss PMDG, FSLabs, Orbx, Aerosoft here.  Heck even Lockheed has their own forum

Agree....and indeed....actually takes a lot of effort typing this type of answer...."You do know that they have an ORBX forum..." Really...? But he thinks he made a point...

To answer your question....Version 4.1.10 from May 15. Fixed Installation and SIM Sync failing if add-on.xml is read only, backed up and install files will be deleted if corrupt, crashing in some circumstances and when scanning....More or less just maintenance as per Changelog....

• Like 4

Alex 

4 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

They've been going thru and making stuff even more V5 compatible , I had 6 airports updated a couple of days ago (that were previously on the v5 compabtible list.)  

Also the (freeware) PNW sceneries have now been released for V5... now also compatible with TE Washington.

It is all (slowly) being adjusted and updated.. 🙂

Bert

I have yet to see ORBX when I open C4 tell me why a product needs updating, but when you go in you can often find 2 or more product require updates, 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Also the (freeware) PNW sceneries have now been released for V5...

Hi Bert,

I am brand new to ORBX; never used it before P3Dv5. So I'm still learning my way around some of this. Can you tell me where or how to get these freeware updates? I have the Global, NALC, and PNW.

Thanks as Always,

Jesse

P.S. : I noticed the Global update makes the included lighting compatible now.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

8 minutes ago, JesC said:

Hi Bert,

I am brand new to ORBX; never used it before P3Dv5. So I'm still learning my way around some of this. Can you tell me where or how to get these freeware updates? I have the Global, NALC, and PNW.

Should be on the shelf in the Orbx store under freeware.. well worth getting if you like to fly around Vancouver Island..

https://orbxdirect.com/freeware

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

12 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Should be on the shelf in the Orbx store under freeware..

Aha! Sure enough, right there they are. I just didn't see any distinction of which ones are freeware in Central. It only shows up as freeware or Payware in Central once you open each particular scenery. Doesn't take much to confuse me some days.😉

Thanks again,

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

6 minutes ago, JesC said:

Aha! Sure enough, right there they are. I just didn't see any distinction of which ones are freeware in Central. It only shows up as freeware or Payware in Central once you open each particular scenery. Doesn't take much to confuse me some days.😉

Thanks again,

Jesse

I agree, Central is not very informative in that regard.. 😉

Bert

Update fixes the global lights

• Upvote 1

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d