Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Jamaican Airport Bargain

4 minutes ago, micstatic said:

anybody have montego bay working with v5?  runway is unmarked for me.  terminal ramp not right either.  pretty sure the old terminals are showing.  

You probably need to add exclusion file with ADE. It's not hard to do.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

12 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Thanks. I forgot about Inibuilds.

You're welcome! I'm glad that they had GSX done for this one! Thanks for the heads up, got Kingston and I love it!

regards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Figadas said:

You're welcome! I'm glad that they had GSX done for this one! Thanks for the heads up, got Kingston and I love it!

regards

And may I add my thanks too for the Inibuilds heads-up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

You probably need to add exclusion file with ADE. It's not hard to do.

I’ll have to learn. I haven’t attempted yet. Anybody have any screenshots of what this airport looks like when properly installed with the ini gsx so I have a good frame of reference to cross check?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, Figadas said:

regards

You star! Just did everything as per your link, edited,etc and now have Rwy26's MKJS jetway working perfectly with the GSX drop-down menu. Pity I do not have an image hoster any more.

I like the touch of that seagull flitting across the apron🤣

• Like 1

If I ever need DL or GSX for any airport I'll just pay the fee to Inibuilds and they get it done expeditiously. Then they share it with the community.

I'd love to be able to help, but right now I do not have P3D v5. By now most airports that needed exclusions would have been done. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

You star! Just did everything as per your link, edited,etc and now have Rwy26's MKJS jetway working perfectly with the GSX drop-down menu. Pity I do not have an image hoster any more.

I like the touch of that seagull flitting across the apron🤣

Hi Rick I'm glad it worked out well for you too! Yeah I went straight to inibuilds after buying the airport hoping they had the files and BOOM there they were! Amazing environment, I love it!

If you ever need GSX or Dynamic Lighting profile be sure to check their website!

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

If I ever need DL or GSX for any airport I'll just pay the fee to Inibuilds and they get it done expeditiously. Then they share it with the community.

I'd love to be able to help, but right now I do not have P3D v5. By now most airports that needed exclusions would have been done. 

Yeah same here, and don't forget airplane liveries! The guys there are fantastic!

regards,

Igor

Edited by Figadas
spelling mistake

7 hours ago, Figadas said:

need GSX or Dynamic Lighting profile

Already scoured their website, thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vc10man said:

Already scoured their website, thanks.

You're welcome Rick.

Like @DJJose and I were saying, they take requests, at their store, on GSX, Dynamic Lighting and airplane Liveries (fictional and real) too for a small fee, and their art team is amazing!
Well worth it at least once in a while to help support them and thank them for all their services to the community!

Enjoy your new airport!

regards,
Igor

Edited by Figadas

any V5 tips guys?  Montego Bay.  Runways and Ramp markings not showing.  I just put the inibuilds compatibility fix on thinking that might help but it didn't.  This is what mine looks like. 

https://imgur.com/a/KzfV3OZ

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

any V5 tips guys?  Montego Bay.  Runways and Ramp markings not showing.  I just put the inibuilds compatibility fix on thinking that might help but it didn't.  This is what mine looks like. 

I'm not running v5 so it is very hard to give an accurate opinion without actually testing myself, BUT, when I had similar problems with apron textures, markings etc porting old scenery to v4 I had to edit the afcad and fix myself, and in most cases when things like that happen, there's way more to be fixed once you actually open the AFCAD and have a chance to look into in more detail.

If you are up to the challenge and don't already have the tools to open AFCAD files and edit airports, you will need ScruffyDuck's Airport Design Editor (ADE).

https://www.scruffyducksoftware.com/shop-and-downloads

Good Luck!

On 5/27/2020 at 12:49 PM, micstatic said:

Download MKJS AFCAD patch from https://www.rwy26sim.com/repaints and put it in your MKJS scenery folder, then change MKJS_ADEP4_GB_CVX.bgl to MKJS_ADEP4_GB_CVX.off. To get rid of default terminal, get the prepar3D v5 scenery compatibility file for RWY26 Montego Bay from inibuilds and put it in your scenery folder also.

6 hours ago, Rico33 said:

Download MKJS AFCAD patch from https://www.rwy26sim.com/repaints and put it in your MKJS scenery folder, then change MKJS_ADEP4_GB_CVX.bgl to MKJS_ADEP4_GB_CVX.off. To get rid of default terminal, get the prepar3D v5 scenery compatibility file for RWY26 Montego Bay from inibuilds and put it in your scenery folder also.

thanks sir.  will give it a try