Sign in to follow this  
Th3Scop3DJ

Linda with multiple USB cards - mixed up

Hello,

I need your help again. I have 2 Leo Bodnar BBI 64 Cards - Let's name them Card 1 and Card 2. I assigned commands to both cards. When I fire up my sim and start LINDA, the two cards are always switched. 

The assignment XY which I originally assigned to card 1 is not executed by card 2 and vice versa. Both cards have a unique serial number but somehow LINDA is mixing it up. 

I have to unplug both cards, plug in card one, press a button and then plug in card 2 in order to get it working.

Can anyone help with this please?

Thank you so much

Kevin

Kevin Baker

The USB cards should be uniquely identified by their serial number. Please go to the Setup Joysticks page and check that a serial number appears in square brackets.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply. I made a quick video. In there you can see the issue. When both cards are plugged in and I start LINDA, the cards are the wrong way. I have to unplug both, then plug in the first card to get it work.

LINDA 2 LB cards miss match

I hope that helps. Oh btw, it does not happend when I use SPAD.next for example. In SPAD, everything works so I dont't think there's an issue with the cards.

Thanks for your help ;) 

Kevin 

Kevin Baker

LINDA does not use the Windows allocated ID number. It only uses the VID, PID and serial no. It is not happy if devices are unplugged or the USB ports are changed.

I see that your USB Cards do have different serial numbers. This should sufficient. Please email to Linda @ awginfosys.net the 2 config-hid.lua files found in /Linda-cfg/system and /Linda-cfg/aircrafts/{your aircraft}. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Files received thank you. I will investigate in the morning.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello everyone,

This problem is already noted and solved here:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/454372-linda-conflict-with-leo-bodnar-bu0836x-card/

I experienced similar issue and fixed it with naming cards in LINDA and changing index number as ScotFlieger explained in that topic (thanks for that!). It may also help to use joy letters function in FSUPIC. My cards mixed only once and never more. (But I also avoid to unplugging them, just in case.)

@Rulerthank you for that reminder. I spent this morning analysing the code and found an error which meant that the serial numbers were not indexed correctly. I am waiting for confirmation the fix works (3.2.5).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK