Sign in to follow this  
djbully

Which GPS RXP or F1?

3 hours ago, pinepix62 said:

Since I upgraded Windows to W10 version 2004 The F1 GTN 750 is very sluggish and basically unusable (both in P3DV4.5 and V5). It seems like the Garmin trainer is the culprit and it does not play nicely with this pre-release version of W10. 

Does the RXP unit have the same problem (I believe it also uses the Garmin trainer) or has anyone found a solution?

RXP unit works just fine, I have 2004 as well. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

For p3d, i suggest the F1 version. The reality xp version isnt quite as widely supported.

Totally false! Absolutely!  Check out the Reality XP support forums here on Avsim.  Then do a Google search for F1 GTN support......

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

Totally false! Absolutely!  Check out the Reality XP support forums here on Avsim.  Then do a Google search for F1 GTN support......

It’s not “totally false”. It’s just my opinion. I own the RXP GTN750 for Prepar3d. I see it has some fans around here, which is great. New addons tend to support both f1 and rxp. But some older planes are f1 only. I’ve had more happy flights with the F1 than the RXP over time i’ve owned both.

I also haven’t forgotten that RXP did kind of ghost the flightsim community for a long time there, so whilst support may be great now, i personally get a little nervous that it may one day disappear again...

If people are currently loving the rxp version i have no problem with that. But F1 is also a good GPS, and i have no issues with it whatsoever in v4.x or v5.

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I second what Rob said. I switched from RXP to F1 because it seemed to be supported by more planes. By “supported“ I mean it had a way to be integrated seamlessly into the vc, designed so by the developer - not talking about problem support, I can't comment about that, had no real issues so far.

Maybe I did it incorrectly, but before I switched, I tried the tool to integrate the RXP version into a vc prepar3d (haha) for the F1 gauge. All it seemed to do is install a flat (2D) GTN, buttons and bezel and all, into the screen of the vc (3D) display. So, a GTN simulating a GTN on it's screen.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

2 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

I second what Rob said. I switched from RXP to F1 because it seemed to be supported by more planes. By “supported“ I mean it had a way to be integrated seamlessly into the vc, designed so by the developer - not talking about problem support, I can't comment about that, had no real issues so far.

Maybe I did it incorrectly, but before I switched, I tried the tool to integrate the RXP version into a vc prepar3d (haha) for the F1 gauge. All it seemed to do is install a flat (2D) GTN, buttons and bezel and all, into the screen of the vc (3D) display. So, a GTN simulating a GTN on it's screen.

Lol, I'd say that you chose the wrong options when you did that then. There is a checkbook to install with or without the bezel for that exact reason!

G

• Like 3

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I have looked at both before for my GA aircraft what stops me pulling the trigger is lack of airac update . No point proact giving me sids and stars that do not exist . Hope I am wrong.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

1 hour ago, cannow said:

I have looked at both before for my GA aircraft what stops me pulling the trigger is lack of airac update . No point proact giving me sids and stars that do not exist . Hope I am wrong.

The latest database for it is 09/19 at the moment, which is mostly OK. For approaches not listed I tend to input them manually using custom way points - but don't use PRO ATC so not sure if it would give you time to do that?

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

33 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

The latest database for it is 09/19 at the momen

Is that for the RXP or F1 please? I thought the RXP database was available through Navigraph (AS NavdataPro?)

5 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

No entirely sure why Reality XP upvoted your comment about switching from their product to the competitor, but thank you RXP! 🙂

But, yeah, that's the main reason I still use F1 in P3D. I have no interest in using the GPS if it's not integrated into the VC of the aircraft. Yes, you may be able to get it to work, but it's nice to have native integration. 

For example, I just opened up my aircraft configurator for the A2A C182. It supports Flight1 650, 750, 430 and 530. But it only supports the RXP 430 and 530, not their GTN 650/750. Whilst I think RXP support by 3rd party devs is improving, it's still not quite there yet.

For X-Plane, the Reality XP GTN750 is the only choice, and it works very well. So I am flying with RXP in that sim, and I'll probably reinstall the RXP GTN750 in P3D v5 and see how it goes.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

20 minutes ago, Jean-Claude said:

Is that for the RXP or F1 please? I thought the RXP database was available through Navigraph (AS NavdataPro?)

I cannot see it listed 

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

My point is RXP no doubts. As I invested before on F1 GTN complete, later I payed more money for getting the RXP 750 and 650 at full price. My normal use is to have uninstalled or unupdated the F1GTN for getting compatibility for some addons, and when I fly this addons I immediately replace the F1 WITH RXP with a pair of clicks. Performance is really better with RXP, I can tell you because I have tested both. 

Cheers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Correct - you did it incorrectly... forgot to check the "NoBezel" option.. 🙂

• Like 2

Bert

4 hours ago, Jean-Claude said:

The Garmin navdata comes with the Garmin Trainer, and cannot be updated with Navigraph.. same for F1 and RXP.

• Like 2

Bert

Well, i just did some TGL´s here with the A2A 172 both with F1 and RXP gauge to test them. Functions are pretty the same (In a quick view of course) but I must say that the flight was smoother with the F1 unit im afraid (Out of the box). But, as we already know, there are many variables to count, as system specs for example. Anyway, im satisfied with the rxp unit too and will do more tests and study to refine it´s operation here.

Thanks guys!

IO2dX6.jpg

Edited by FlavioSSA
  • Upvote 1

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Hi all, I did the deed last night. I bought the whole lot! Somewhat ironically they are using the F1 installer wrapper thing. 🤣😂🤣😂

I must admit, its a bit of a painful process downloading all the vouchers then the wrappers then applying the vouchers etc etc. Took me nearly all evening just ploughing through that lot! I personally think the process could do with some refinement. 

Apart from that I got them all installed. RXP 750/650 + 530/430. I managed to get the 750 into the panel on my PA 28 Turbo Arrow IV from Just Flight (my starter in AH2), which only officially supports F1 product. So that was good. I just need to get used to how it all works. Love having the airport layout on the GPS. That is very handy! Need to work out if I can change the size of the units easily or not. 

Anyway will post any further issues in the RXP support forums. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. 

Happy Flying,

Bully.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/