Sign in to follow this  
djbully

Which GPS RXP or F1?

Seen as rxp have a sale on I was going to purchase the 750 but looking at old posts it looks like you have to do a bit of modification to get it to work in the A2a commanche is this still the case or do you use the A2a configurator and the tool in the rxp configurator and that’s it done

thanks,jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Simple answer. I’ve not read the thread. Get the RXP!

• Like 2

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

5 hours ago, Dean33 said:

Simple answer. I’ve not read the thread. Get the RXP!

Well, you got upvoted by RXP for that 🙄

The complication here is that Flight 1 is more universally supported for VC integration than RXP in P3D. More recent aircraft are likely to support both. So for older planes, Flight 1 may be your only option without a workaround.

So OP, not as simple as “get the RXP!”

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

So for older planes, Flight 1 may be your only option without a workaround.

That is true, but the workaround is well documented and supported, so that does not need to be "your only option"...

• Like 2

Bert

12 hours ago, jimimac said:

Seen as rxp have a sale on I was going to purchase the 750 but looking at old posts it looks like you have to do a bit of modification to get it to work in the A2a commanche is this still the case

I just checked the Commanche for you - supports Reality XP 430 and 530, but not their GTN 650/750 natively. So yes - this is still the case.

The Bonanza, which is newer, supports the full range of RXP GPS models, but A2A have not updated their older aircraft to fully support the RXP models.

Bert, I'm not suggesting that you can't use RXP, just answering jimimacs question as to whether native support was present.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Looking over the previous posts again it looks like the problem is using the 750 in vc panel, I fly using vr and usually click on a panel to bring it up in front of me as this makes using the panel a lot easier because of the lower resolution in vr, so am I correct in saying  that using the 750 this way everything works ok, if this is the case I would be happy to use the 750 until a proper fix comes along.

thanks,jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

41 minutes ago, jimimac said:

Looking over the previous posts again it looks like the problem is using the 750 in vc panel, I fly using vr and usually click on a panel to bring it up in front of me as this makes using the panel a lot easier because of the lower resolution in vr, so am I correct in saying  that using the 750 this way everything works ok, if this is the case I would be happy to use the 750 until a proper fix comes along.

thanks,jim

Yes it does work like this. You need to configure the pop up windows for this to work. It took me a while to get to grips with it all. But got there in the end👍

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/