Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

Asobo CEO gets his PPL!

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

Chock, for goodness sake! You'll spoil a perfectly good thread by mentioning the 'Oi yuo' 🙄

Seriously, congratulation on your PPL. A friend of mine did his and I saw some of the stuff you have to bone up on...Scarey difficult. If it was just about flying a plane...almost everyone on this forum would be able to get a PPL. Even me..well, maybe.

Yes PPL is not as easy as we might think... Here in Canada it is not actually. I think my cousin had to go through Spins recovery training that is not fun at all.

• Like 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

1 minute ago, Claviateur said:

..Spins recovery training that is not fun at all.

depends on how far away from the ground you are.. 😄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

21 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

depends on how far away from the ground you are.. 😄

Well the whole concept of getting in then out of a spin and it works as planned is the stressful part I think 😬

• Like 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

5 hours ago, Krakin said:

Love to see this level of commitment from the top. I asked him if he's going to implement anything he's experienced in the sim but he's understandably tight lipped lol.

At the risk of being the party p$$per, this is the letter sent by the Authority upon completion of the written tests ("passed that paper of"), which is already an accomplishment. It doesn't state that he passed the checkride and got his license on contrary to the thread title.

Boo! You've ruined our whole day. It's so unfair! 😭 

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

43 minutes ago, GearUp180 said:

At the risk of being the party p$$per, this is the letter sent by the Authority upon completion of the written tests ("passed that paper of"), which is already an accomplishment. It doesn't state that he passed the checkride and got his license on contrary to the thread title.

He has just gained his PPL.

Check out Sebastian Wloch (@swloch): https://twitter.com/swloch?s=09

Edited by eaim
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 hours ago, Claviateur said:

I think my cousin had to go through Spins recovery training that is not fun at all.

That was one of the best parts of training! Well, except when doing your flight test in the one plane the flight school has that didn't spin like the rest (all C172s).

You wanna spin something? Spin a sailplane! Bring a spare pair of underpants with you to the airfield. 🤣

• Like 2

He's passed the nine exams required to be issued with his Theory Certificate.

He'll now (at some point in the future due to Covid-19 restrictions) need to present that to his examiner in order to be able to complete the approx 1.5 hour Air Test to then be issued with his PPL license and exercise the privalages thereof.

The two leads of ASOBO are extremely sympathic as well. Good to see them in action again tomorrow! 😉

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

On 5/26/2020 at 9:41 PM, Claviateur said:

Well the whole concept of getting in then out of a spin and it works as planned is the stressful part I think 😬

Oh so you mean if it doesn't work as planned... you die, yeah thats takes a load off. 😄

Love to see this level of commitment from the top. I asked him if he's going to implement anything he's experienced in the sim but he's understandably tight lipped lol.

Absolutely congratulations Sebastian Wloch, such commitment, well done! I'm sure one of the reasons Sebastian did his PPL was so he could enrich the simulation experience so I don't doubt some of this will make it's way into the simulator.

I wonder if Stephen Hood ever completed his PPL... 

Edited by dtrjones

12 hours ago, dtrjones said:

I wonder if Stephen Hood ever completed his PPL... 

The answer is yes and he was pretty chuffed about it. I remember him posting a description of his flight test on the blog. Sadly the website is no more so I can't post a link to it.

• Like 1

Give people power to really test their personality.