Sign in to follow this  
ssair1

Fly the Maddog X P3dv5

Hi everyone, 

1) Autobrake system not found on the lower pedestal, the Autobrake system has been turned on the Load Manager. 

2) Cannot arm spoilers on the ground. I have calibrated the Spoilers axes with my Thustmaster Warthog Throttle via FSUIPC for Prepar3dv5.

3) I am using ActiveSky P3D for v5, but everytime I turn on the Power for the WX radar it says WX fail on the PFD. 

Any assistence will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and stay safe. 

Edited by ssair1

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

I don’t know the answer to your specific questions but I suggest you open a support ticket with Leonardo. They’re very fast at answering those. 

Hi there,

Check the Leonardo manager, there is a setting that let’s you equip the Maddog with autobrakes (don’t remember were exactly, not at my sim pc right now).

i just had the same problem with my not being able to arm spoilers yesterday for the first time, but I can’t remember if this is another optional feature and I’ve not seen that before, but I wouldn’t be surprised if older models didn’t have that feature either, but I’m not a true expert on the MD 8x series.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

3 minutes ago, flycln said:

I don’t know the answer to your specific questions but I suggest you open a support ticket with Leonardo. They’re very fast at answering those. 

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I've been able to find a solution to my first problem. In case anyone else faces similar issues, the Autobrake system has to be selected for each varient or livery in the Load Manager. 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

6 minutes ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

Hi there,

Check the Leonardo manager, there is a setting that let’s you equip the Maddog with autobrakes (don’t remember were exactly, not at my sim pc right now).

i just had the same problem with my not being able to arm spoilers yesterday for the first time, but I can’t remember if this is another optional feature and I’ve not seen that before, but I wouldn’t be surprised if older models didn’t have that feature either, but I’m not a true expert on the MD 8x series.

Cheers,

Pete

Thank you, Pete. I'll try to figure out what the arming of the speedbrakes issue is. However, I do know that with the latest release, you can't arm the speedbrake during flight unless you have been fully configured for landing. Not sure how that relates to arming on the ground. Any ideas about the WX radar not working? 

Regards,

Shelman S.

I’ll have to check my wx radar, but I believe I had returns on it once I increased its appropriate lights. 

Regarding arming spoilers, yesterday I couldn’t arm it on the ground or after configuring the aircraft for landing, so I just amended my landing checklist 😉

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

9 minutes ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

I’ll have to check my wx radar, but I believe I had returns on it once I increased its appropriate lights. 

Regarding arming spoilers, yesterday I couldn’t arm it on the ground or after configuring the aircraft for landing, so I just amended my landing checklist 😉

Cheers,

Pete

Alright, I think I have the Weather Radar problem solved. For some strange reason, although my AIRAC from Navigraph was updated for ActiveSky P3D via the Navigraph FMS Data Manager, it was still showing as an older version on ActiveSky. I updated it again and now the WX Radar is working fine when I load up the Maddog. However, if i change the time or season, it stops functioning. It seems to be a minor bug that will get ironed out in due time hopefully. As for the spoilers, they seem to be working fine now that the Autobrake System is loading up. Thanks for assisting. 

Edited by ssair1

Regards,

Shelman S.

Anyone else getting rain in the cockpit when using EA? Just wondering!

Dave Wadsworth
i9 13900K 5.5Ghz 64G DDR6000 nVidia 4090 
Win 11 22H2 Pro P3DV5.4 ASP/ASCA Pilot2ATC FS2Crew/TIR5/CP

2 hours ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

Hi there,

Cheers,

Pete

The spoiler behavior is detailed in the Maddog FAQ. For older models like the vanilla MD-82 you can only arm spoilers in landing configuration.

https://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11998-cant-arm-spoilers-anymore/

• Like 1

Zicheng Cai

3 minutes ago, Cai Zicheng said:

The spoiler behavior is detailed in the Maddog FAQ. For older models like the vanilla MD-82 you can only arm spoilers in landing configuration.

https://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11998-cant-arm-spoilers-anymore/

Are you sure about that?  I've not been active on the Leonardo Beta Team for a while due to other projects, but I'm pretty familair with the MD-82/83/88 and I don't think that's correct.

As far as I remember, so long as the MD-82 has an Autobrake, you should be able to arm the spoliers both on the ground (Takeoff) and during final approach with speed less than 160knots, gear down, etc.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

You only have a Autospoiler if the Autobrakesystem is installed. Autobrakesystem can be selected/unselected in the Maddog config tool for each levery individually. The trigger for Autobrakesystem „arm“ during the approach is Flap 28. The Autospoiler can be activated in every phase of flight, on ground also.

Edited by airlinetycoon

Greetings Andrew Bowler

That explains it then, if the OP didn’t have autobrakes selected, then arming spoilers on the ground wouldn’t work. I wasn’t sue as I’m not on my PC. 

If I remember correctly, I believe I installed a new repaint yesterday, and I must have forgotten to activate the autobrakes option. 

Cheers,

Pete