Sign in to follow this  
JFKLGAEWR

Moving from FSX to P3D, V4.5 or straight to V5?

Version five definitely. Just don't uninstall your present sim for a while as P3DV5 is in process of refinements and many addons not yet compatible. Soon I think P3DV5 will be the pinnacle of sims for the present.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

I am having issues with version 5 that I never had with the previous version. That said; I would STILL definitely go for V5. I am now in a flight from ESSA to BIKF in PMDG 744 and flying into the setting sun. Weather injected by ASP3D. I enabled the "Enhanced Atmospherics" and it looks REALLY good in my honest opinion. Get version five. Warts and all it has already kind of made V4 redundant.

Now. Another beer and enjoying that sunset (and praying to the almighty one that it doesn't crash this time.. 😉 )

EDIT: It didn't crash. Neither did I despite the beer. Landed safely at BIKF. Yay!

Edited by Swe_Richard
Additional info.
  • Like 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Thanks for all your comments guys! I ended up getting v5 and just finished my first flight BOS-SDF. It definitely has its issues and I had a few CTDs trying to get everything set up but all in all I'm floored. It's extremely smooth and there aren't even words to describe how much of a step up from FSX it is hahaha. 10/10 recommend!!

• Like 2

Yeah, I am getting more and more floored myself. Been flying to and fro with the PMDG 747 now for a couple of days and it's really a step up from version 4 (not to mention FSX of course - haven't used that in years). The performance is really impressive on my computer. Way better than V4 (with the obvious caveat that I don't have the same amount of add on software in V5 ofc). I ran it without the Enhanced Atmospherics first but it's been on since I tried it. Looks so good imho!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12