Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Floor

Scenery Objects Not Loading Properly on Descent/Approach

Gentlemen,

I noticed that on a couple of my last flights, the scenery does not correctly load after descent from a cruise at FL330 or so. This is very noticeable at night because the roads don't light up, very annoying and frustrating.

After landing, if I quit and reload X-Plane on the same position, it works fine. Here are some screenshots on final approach of LEMD runway 18L:

This one is at the end of a flight from GCTS at FL340:

gj3zrul.png

This one after reloading X-Plane and placing on the same approximate position:

qOU3lH2.png

Also note how the load on the GPU on both images seems to be about the same yet in the first one there is much less visual detail.

Any help on solving this annoying issue would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jaime

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

1 hour ago, RXP said:

Hi,

Is this with XP11.50B or 11.41?

This is 11.41, Windows 10

System specs: i9 9900k, RTX 2080 Super, Asus Z390-F motherboard, 32GB RAM at 3200 MHz.

Jaime Beneyto

Hi Jaime,

there have been some reports like this over the last years - according to Ben Supnik from Laminar this MAY be due to the sceney loading process getting backlogged due to system task (processor) saturation.

Try to fly (as a test) without heavy add-on load (especially scenery) and see if that helps.

Afaik they are working on improving the load scheduling as part of their Vulkan update.

Cheers, Jan

6 hours ago, Janov said:

Hi Jaime,

there have been some reports like this over the last years - according to Ben Supnik from Laminar this MAY be due to the sceney loading process getting backlogged due to system task (processor) saturation.

Try to fly (as a test) without heavy add-on load (especially scenery) and see if that helps.

Afaik they are working on improving the load scheduling as part of their Vulkan update.

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan, thanks for the reply!

I am using Process Lasso and assigning priority “High” to X-Plane. Do you think this may have something to do with it?

I did a short test flight (from LEVC to LEVT), using default scenery, and the issue still happened. Very frustrating at night because of the black hole effect.

Jaime Beneyto

4 hours ago, Alpha Floor said:

I am using Process Lasso and assigning priority “High” to X-Plane. Do you think this may have something to do with it?

I am not familiar with it - in fact my computer knowledge is probably subpar for really troubleshooting this - just repeating what I picked up somewhere sometime 😉

But yeah - if something doesn´t load while you fly - but loads if you intially load into that situation...chances are that something is screwing with your "scenery loading while you fly" - wich is normally done on a second core...

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Janov said:

But yeah - if something doesn´t load while you fly - but loads if you intially load into that situation...chances are that something is screwing with your "scenery loading while you fly" - wich is normally done on a second core...

Thanks Jan,

I did disable Hyper-Threading on X-Plane. I will enable it again and see if that makes any difference.

• Like 1

Jaime Beneyto

16 hours ago, Janov said:

I re-enabled HyperThreading for X-Plane on Process Lasso and I had no issues on this flight flying with stock scenery. Will try again adding scenery, I was using X-Europe before.

What I do notice is that the roads seem to pop-up not that far away. Don't know if that's my problem and I am paranoid or just how X-Plane works.

On these screenshots I am on final approach on runway 26L of EDDP. You can see lights popping-up towards the right (Autobahn 14, which goes underneath the airport). Notice that the second image was taken 0.2 NM after the first one.

ST5aDAQ.png

6GwzgG0.png

Edited by Alpha Floor

Jaime Beneyto

I think I have also seen the "popping" of roads - it is more noticeable during the night where they stand out more.

Laminar needs to be somewhat frugal with the road draw distance, all those dynamic lighting sources are probably adding up for rendering load pretty bad...

Cheers, Jan

I'd suggest you get rid of process lasso and try again.

X-Plane has a very tight thread scheduler making the best use of all the CPU cores, and anything interfering with process priority or threading will adversely affect the experience.

You might want to also review your graphics settings. It is possible some of them, if not set to maximum, will make objects appearing only closer.

Last but not least, I'd suggest you make a copy of your XP11 folder (backup), then try the 11.50B9 with Vulkan and compare.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, RXP said:

I'd suggest you get rid of process lasso and try again.

X-Plane has a very tight thread scheduler making the best use of all the CPU cores, and anything interfering with process priority or threading will adversely affect the experience.

You might want to also review your graphics settings. It is possible some of them, if not set to maximum, will make objects appearing only closer.

Last but not least, I'd suggest you make a copy of your XP11 folder (backup), then try the 11.50B9 with Vulkan and compare.

Thanks very much Jean-Luc,

With my system (see signature), do you recommend I set objects to "maximum" then? At the moment I have them on "high".

I do have a second copy of XP-11 with Vulkan but sadly I can't use it on IVAO as the x-Ivap plugin doesn't support it.

Jaime Beneyto

With your system I'd run with all sliders to full (except anti-aliasing, first-notch is enough if in 4K in most cases)!

We have a 9700K 3.6 + 2070S running fine in 4K like this!

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I had this issue recently on several airports in X-Plane 11.50. But I had it in 11.41 too occasionally. On the Beta 9 I didn't have it yet. Disabling X-Europe for the flight helped since it seems to induce a lot of loading. All you can do is to reduce the scenery libraries it seems, especially the ones that contain lots of buildings.