Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

P3dv5HF1 to try out (tested no CTD )

Another stupid question:

10 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi,

Not sure at all how and why but after i made a texture change to 1024 , updated ORBX Objectflows , edit registry with tdrlevel=0 and tdrdelay=10

What is tdrlevel=0 and tdrdelay=0? I can't find discussion about these reg parameters. Michael, anybody?

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

8 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Another stupid question:

What is tdrlevel=0 and tdrdelay=0? I can't find discussion about this reg parameters. Michael, anybody?

Thanks.

Google can be your friend .... you can find infos about that registry settings here:
https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/gpu-drivers-crash-with-long-computations-128745489.html

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

59 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Google can be your friend .... you can find infos about that registry settings here:
https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/gpu-drivers-crash-with-long-computations-128745489.html

Google can be but is not in this case. I'm looking for the discussion here on avsim. Can anybody point me to it?

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Another stupid question:

What is tdrlevel=0 and tdrdelay=0? I can't find discussion about these reg parameters. Michael, anybody?

Thanks.

Start by looking on the post just beneath my first post 🙂

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe
  • Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

41 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Well, sorry to say but it doesn't work for me.
Although VC textures are 4096 (p3d.cfg), the VC is blurry when Texture resolution is set to 1024.
Actually, VC is always on 4096, no matter the internal graphic settings.

Strange indeed , mine are supersharp as always.

FXAA  puzzling?

I also wonder : Maybe when we install aircrafts the texture resolution installed to the sim might be effected ?

Could be that some developers only installs the size you have set ? I dont know actually

MaddogX ,PMDG 747, A2A are sharp on my system (all though v4.5 is sharper i think)

So set texture to 4096x4096 before installing aircrafts ?

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Michael, that is my “secret” for years : 1024 textures + 256 textures for clouds + clouds shadows texture size 50% 

What would be the .cfg entries to set these up? (It's a bit hard to follow the entire .CFG from the first post)

Thank you!

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

33 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Strange indeed , mine are supersharp as always.

FXAA  puzzling?

I also wonder : Maybe when we install aircrafts the texture resolution installed to the sim might be effected ?

Could be that some developers only installs the size you have set ? I dont know actually

MaddogX ,PMDG 747, A2A are sharp on my system (all though v4.5 is sharper i think)

So set texture to 4096x4096 before installing aircrafts ?

Michael Moe

The texture resolution is set by the developer and cannot react to the simulator setting. Of course some developers do supply more than one texture set but that needs to be changed in the aircraft files, sometimes with a control panel. I would agree that VC textures look sharper in P3D v4 than in v5 but disabling mipmaps in the VC in P3D v5 will rectify that.

Arguably, so far there is no advantage at all in trying to use P3D v5 over v4.5. Performance is indeed better but that is of no use at all if, at the desired settings that can be achieved in v 4.5, it runs out of video memory. Hopefully LM will continue to work at it until it may eventually be better.

Edited by Reader
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GSalden said:

Michael, that is my “secret” for years : 1024 textures + 256 textures for clouds + clouds shadows texture size 50% 

What are your CIRRUS textures? Btw, do you use ENVTEX/ENVSHADE integration with ASCA or just ASCA alone?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Reader said:

Arguably, so far there is no advantage at all in trying to use P3D v5 over v4.5. Performance is indeed better but that is of no use at all if, at the desired settings that can be achieved in v 4.5, it runs out of video memory. Hopefully LM will continue to work at it until it may eventually be better.

Well, you can argue anything, but with good hardware v5 looks way better than v4 - water, shadows, atmospherics, smoothness etc, so there’s actually a lot of advantages in running it, which is why i’ve put both X-plane 11.5x and Prepar3d v4.5 back in the hangar for the past month or so.

VRAM problems are an issue if you like your add-ons and don’t have a cutting edge card - hopefully we will all have 11gb+ soon enough, and this sort of tweaking will be a thing of the past.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

What are your CIRRUS textures? Btw, do you use ENVTEX/ENVSHADE integration with ASCA or just ASCA alone?

Thanks.

P3D.cfg :

OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=2048 —> 1024
TRANSLUCENT_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=512 —> 256

Asca clouds 256 

EnvTex Sky ( no integration )

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

how do you use all that gpu memory ? when i am in klax with wheather and  pmdg 747 i use 2.9 - 3.5 i have settings pretty high

6 minutes ago, modano said:

how do you use all that gpu memory ? when i am in klax with wheather and  pmdg 747 i use 2.9 - 3.5 i have settings pretty high

Could be 4K i guess and EA , KLAX is not that high on VRAM btw

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

17 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi,

Not sure at all how and why but after i made a texture change to 1024 , updated ORBX Objectflows , edit registry with tdrlevel=0 and tdrdelay=10 i have had Zero CTD in V5 even with all maxed out in FT KLAS City and airports options day and night.

Hi Michael.  

Can I check please are you puting in as  dword 32 or qword 64.   From google its says for me i need to use qword 64 as I have a 64 bit windows..

So as below..

Capture.png

many thanks  

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Will need to test this out. I didn't know you can have the vc cockpit texture resolution independent from the ground textures.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

11 hours ago, Reader said:

Arguably, so far there is no advantage at all in trying to use P3D v5 over v4.5

I assembled that argument shortly after release of V5. :>)

But that's just me.