Sign in to follow this  
Tomaz Drnovsek

Info text flickering

Anybody ever experienced red text flickering in the upper right corner?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WHvN33ZKqeJHno449

It doesn't effect anything except RC4 ATC window, which is opening at the same time if I try to close it, which is quite annoying. I use ChasePlane, TrackIR, Radar Contact 4, FSUIPC5, REX EF, Saitek Yoke, Throttles, Rudder,... I tried to eliminate each of those elements but I wasn't able to determine the cause. If anybody already experienced something like this maybe has some idea what could be the cause.

P3D v4.5 HF3

I noticed same thing...but randomly, not every time....haven't had that in a week now. Planned to ask the same question last week but it stopped. Why? No clue. Same thing happens with Chase plane info, sometimes just pops out even if I don't touch anything....

Alex 

21 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I noticed same thing...but randomly, not every time....haven't had that in a week now. Planned to ask the same question last week but it stopped. Why? No clue. Same thing happens with Chase plane info, sometimes just pops out even if I don't touch anything....

Yes, it's quite random but it's happening a lot lately. At first I wasn't paying a lot of attention but now it's getting a bit annoying because I want to hide RC4 ATC window but it's opening all the time (at the same time as the text appears).

Edited by Tomaz Drnovsek

I've seen tje same thing, and to make matters worse, I get a micrstutter every time it flashes.  Spent an afternoon chasing stutters when taxiing on the ramp Sunday while using RC4, and saw the stutter evrytime the window updated distance and the window flashed each time.  Closed the text window, and all stutters are gone.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

7 hours ago, cshark172 said:

I've seen tje same thing, and to make matters worse, I get a micrstutter every time it flashes.  Spent an afternoon chasing stutters when taxiing on the ramp Sunday while using RC4, and saw the stutter evrytime the window updated distance and the window flashed each time.  Closed the text window, and all stutters are gone.

Luckily, I don't experience any stutters because of it, at least not that I'm aware of.

Posted some time ago on LM forum they are aware and working on this hopefully in the next fix.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Posted some time ago on LM forum they are aware and working on this hopefully in the next fix.

Next fix? I thought they were done with P3D v4.

So, there's no solution?

1 hour ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Next fix? I thought they were done with P3D v4.

So, there's no solution?

V4?...Sorry I have that issue with V5...never had on V4...

Alex 

Yeah, I was talking about V5, also.  Never had the issue in v4.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

I noticed one strange thing.. the zoom level sometimes changes from 0.74 to 0.73 which you can also see in the clip. I thought maybe there's an issue with zoom settings in ChasePlane but after some testing I'm pretty sure that's not it. I tried to change zoom settings in CP but no matter what I set the same starts happening. For example, I changed the zoom to 1.00 and it started to change to 0.99/1.00.

Seriously, no ideas at all?