Sign in to follow this  
Nyuni

AILPE - FAIB/FLAI 747/737/Other No position or strobes

Hi -

I saw another thread about no landing lights with these models, but that's not the issue I'm having. The landing lights show up just fine, but I have no Beacons, position, or strobe lights shown at all.

This seems to affect all of the FAIB models as included in the latest FLAI version (21).

I know in the landing light thread there was talk that they would need to update something to make the landing lights work, but it seems like I'm having the reverse issue. What can I possibly check?

For what it's worth, they show up as "Models Configured Correctly" in the App.

I'm attempting to use this under P3Dv5. Model types from manufacturers other than FAIB in the FLAI installed set seem to end up configured and working properly.

I also removed the Effects component from the FLAI add-on.xml, as recommended.

Edited by Nyuni

So, just from some playing around by downloading the "vanilla" FAIB 744 model, adding it to the sim, and letting AI Lights PE modify it, the FLAI aircraft.cfg has one less light entry than the 'stock' FAIB. If I transplant the AI Lights PE modified lights entries from that aircraft.cfg to the FLAI aircraft.cfg, all works fine. Bizarre that the FLAI would be missing that, but it looks like I've at least got a workaround here.

Unless there's any other suggestion or info you'd like me to provide, feel free to close/resolve.

4 hours ago, Nyuni said:

Unless there's any other suggestion or info you'd like me to provide, feel free to close/resolve.

Hi Nyuni,

Check also the fuel tanks configuration, it affects the lighting behaviours of these models. I asked FLAI via email and their Facebook page many months ago to rectify this with their FAIB models.. it seems they haven't done anything about it yet..

Thanks for letting me know you found a way around, I will mark the ticket as resolved.

Regards,

Simbol

4 hours ago, simbol said:

Check also the fuel tanks configuration, it affects the lighting behaviours of these models. I asked FLAI via email and their Facebook page many months ago to rectify this with their FAIB models.. it seems they haven't done anything about it yet..

Just want to add that at least for their 744 Base Model, it only has Left/Right tanks configured and their readme has nothing about extra light control via the center tank, even from the freshly downloaded base model from their site - so that might only be for certain/newer models that they put out, I haven't checked other FAIB models that are affected yet (737/A32x), but may find that to be the case there, just not for the 744.

• Like 1