Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

[Answered] Not Set

This is not a problem but I would like to know what it means BUT I am wondering if there is a correlation between FS Reborn and Chaseplane with an error message.  What are  your thoughts?  I have picked 2 aircraft Egypt Air for the two planes listed. They have models as RR but I guess Chaseplane scans for simobjects and these are just two...

Thanks BMkL0UoCc.pngUnf6Y4v.pngpxjulbv.png

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

Hi There,

This is a confusion. AI Lights Reborn is telling you those AI models have no model description configured in the General section, the word "Not set" is injected by me on the model grid so you understand there is not description available for these.

Chaseplane in the other hand is reporting that you have an aircraft without "title" or an aircraft with the title "Not_Set" which cannot be read / be configured. Also note AI Lights Reborn only reads AI Models, while Chaseplane would normally analyse flyable airplanes.

You best shot to get to the bottom of this issue is to raise a ticket via https://parallel42.freshdesk.com/support/home, I am sure Keven will be able to track down what is the cause, etc.

All the best,

Simbol

Thanks Simbol......been talking to Keven... even sent him the copy link to this post. He says there is a model or simobject called "Not Set" but I have nothing called that. Not sure if he has a debugger or proggie that tells him or me the culprit..

Anyway..its no big deal but may others have run into this. grabbing straws..

All the Best Simbol!! 

BE SAFE!!!!

UPDATE:

i am just curious..i looked at general section and it has:

[General]
atc_type=Airbus
atc_model=A333
editable=0
performance=
Category=airplane

Now it was missing a description in the cfg for those two planes...so i thought i would add: description=
 and blank rest of line and rescanned and that didn't work so do I need to add something like this, as an example?

description=Egyptair  Airbus A330-300 RR to correct it...seems to be the FSPX airplanes

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

20 minutes ago, unc1rlm said:

Now it was missing a description in the cfg for those two planes...so i thought i would add: description=
 and blank rest of line and rescanned and that didn't work so do I need to add something like this, as an example?

description=Egyptair  Airbus A330-300 RR to correct it...seems to be the FSPX airplanes

The best is to open one that is reporting perfectly in the AILRP grid and compare it. I am currently away from my developing PC and I cannot confirm the full syntax's for the description tag, etc.

S.

Thanks!!

I am adding the line and it does show up corrected and not as "Not Set" anymore. I will see if by some miracle this Not Set disappears from Chaseplane..Thanks again Simbol!!

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

i went in and changed and added to about 100 fltsim cfgs..mostly fspx.330-300/777-200/md-11 description which were missing and it eliminated all of the Not Set msgs.

Not Sure...lol

Bestest!!

BobM.

thanks Simbol.. If i fixed it..i would not have know about this unless it had showed in in the Not supported area......just curious...are description lines that critical? 

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

7 minutes ago, unc1rlm said:

thanks Simbol.. If i fixed it..i would not have know about this unless it had showed in in the Not supported area......just curious...are description lines that critical? 

It is not a "requirement" per say (AI Models will show and fly), but it is described in the P3D SDK as something that should be configured.. in other words it is a good practice to put this value.

S.