Sign in to follow this  
EFRAIN

Not able to uninstall milviz 350i

Hello, anyone with the milviz 350i, I tried to removed the old one to install the new one since it has multiple updates but after removing the old one during the new installation I keep getting a message saying "previous version still installed" any ideas? I deleted any folder related but same thing, any ideas why? thanks for any help!

Efrain RodriguezP3DWindows 10 64bitIntel i7 6700 4.0 Quad Core NVidia GTX1070<p>120SSD / 2TB

Did you uninstall it via the Windows 'Add or Remove Programs' tool? That, along with deleting the KA-specific files in AppData\Local\MVAMS and AppData\Roaming\Military Visualizations Inc, has always worked for me.

Greetings Efrain;

Is the software still showing in programs/features? If so, you can use the MS Software Install/Removal tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed .

It checks the registry for all program related entries and will remove any programs that are listed as installed in Control Panel/Programs & Features.

As an IT Professional I keep this one in my tool box (Flash Drive) and use it often. It's simple to use and is a better alternative to doing a time consuming manual registry entry removal.

Good Luck And Good Hunting...

Roger

Edited by rhalunen
  • Like 2

Thanks, to confirm, it compares what is actually installed vs what is showing up as installed in Programs & Features and removes it from the installed program list if it is not actually installed?

I have some orphaned programs on that list I’d love to get rid of that never uninstalled properly...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

You have to run the installer which has an option to uninstall. Odd way to go about it,  but hey.

EDIT: Oh I see, you ran the installer to uninstall but it's still there. Yikes! Why not go over to the Milviz forum?

Edited by Ron Attwood

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

@rhalunen thanks and everyone but the microsoft tool was the solution!! all good now, thanks again and I will keep that tool very close!!!

• Upvote 1

Efrain RodriguezP3DWindows 10 64bitIntel i7 6700 4.0 Quad Core NVidia GTX1070<p>120SSD / 2TB

Good to  hear Efrain; pass on the knowledge to everyone...

regis9/Dave;

You've got the concept spot on. To drill down a little deeper the program is a standard MS Troubleshooting App that scans your registry for every entry pertaining to that specific software and deletes it. Ergo, if it's not in the registry it does not exist on the computer. No remnants, muss , or fuss to clean up later. A genuine time and trouble savings. Who says MS never turns out any good software... 

In my experience, as long as the software is showing in "Programs and Features" it will cleanly remove it from your rig. So, anybody who's got that annoying orphan or missing .msi file issues this is the solution.

Keep the blue side up and the greasy side down.

Roger

Edited by rhalunen
  • Like 1

@rhalunen what u recommend to my v4.5 to v5 transfer, I want to do this weekend but I want to remove any unnecessary stuff from v4.5 and install v5 fresh but I need a good uninstaller and make sure I get the max space from my ssd

Efrain;

The easy solution: Don't uninstall v4.5 yet. Create a new folder on your drive, rename it P3D v5, and install v5 to this folder. From your specs you indicate a 2TB drive so you should have room to keep your old v4.5 and have a new separate v5 file folder. The benefit of having both is twofold; first, you have a stable backup in case v5 doesn't play nice with you and, when you start repopulating v5 it's easier to get the moveable items from A to B. Once you've cannibalized v4.5 and uninstalled it you will regain the disk space

As always, I also recommend you peruse the forums since there are numerous postings on this topic and I am only one voice.

Just remember; 80% of what you think will happen, won't. The other 20% will be outside of your control. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride...

Roger

• Like 1

Fantastic, thanks Roger.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

@rhalunen thanks again for the recommendations, I been seen so many issues with vram that I hope v5 works on my end, I only have a GTX1070 for now until I can get something better later this year maybe but will see how v5 goes.

My specs are not that bad so Im positive, i7 6700K GTX1070 16RAM 4.5 speed OC, 2 SSD's one with windows with 128GB, another one with 1TB and a hard drive with 2TB