Sign in to follow this  
Axel c

Worth buying Ezdok camera?

Have used both, EZCA V3.1 I am using currently. The integration of Active Sky make EZCA the better of the two, IMHO

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Does Ezdok work with Accu-Feel? Is there overlap or any conflict between the two?

Thanks.

Don

Version: P3Dv5.4, P3Dv6  CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.5 GHz with HT on,  GPU: RTX 3080 12GB,  RAM: 32GB DDR-5MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.

Give EZCA a go first. Simply by virtue of Flight 1's return policy. I tried it, found it a bit too complex for these aging brain cells and decided to stick with my old Opus FSI camera system as all I really need from such a programme is the quick select buttons for different views I can set up plus the pretty realistic motion effects that FSI offers.

EZCA was returned within the trial period. No hassle and no grief. Flight 1 should be congratulated for that policy.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

The best thing about EZDOK is NickN who posts here often.

NickN doesn't post here! 🤣 Neither does Word Not Allowed!🤣 I sure you're thinking of Nickbe.

• Like 1

Whahahahaaahahahaha!🤣🤣🤣 I cant believe that Costa with a K instead of the C is word not allowed. That is just hilarious. You know there is something deeply amiss with AVSIM. And then I just discovered that the balaclava emoticon is also no longer available! Good Grief! I've been thrown out of far better clubs than this one!😒

Edited by Quasimodo

AivlaSoft have Simplecam. It's worth a look. 7 day trial and already updated for V5. Reminds me of X-Plane's quick look system. Sometimes 10 camera positions is all you need.

Cheers,

howevr

54 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

Give EZCA a go first. Simply by virtue of Flight 1's return policy. I tried it, found it a bit too complex for these aging brain cells and decided to stick with my old Opus FSI camera system as all I really need from such a programme is the quick select buttons for different views I can set up plus the pretty realistic motion effects that FSI offers.

EZCA was returned within the trial period. No hassle and no grief. Flight 1 should be congratulated for that policy.

My experience exactly with EZCA. Got aggravated and returned Flight1 and went back to OPUS FSI camera. Then I bought Chase Plane on sale and really like it. Very intuitive.

Vic green

i had been using EZDok for years. As soon as I took a look at Chaseplane, bought it, and never looked back.

16 hours ago, Axel c said:

Hi! I am planing on to buy the ezdok camera for p3d. I´m only using aircraft from Simvitation, so i dont have aircrafts like pmdg or aerosoft airbus. 

So my question is if i have to set up a new camera angels for each aircraft i download. Or if i e.g make one for an a320,or  will it be saved automatically for all a320 aircraft then?

Is it worth buying ezdok if I download new planes often?

Sincerely Axel

Many short answers...I'll try to do a bit better.

I started with EZCA (v1 then v2) which some users found it lacked a better UI and made setting up cams a bit "too" hard. I never understood what the problem was since once you got it started and aquainted with the UI, the cams were no problem to add at all!? Yes...the UI was indeed very basic one but it did what it was supposed to do.

After a while I heard about CP and how great it has to be...so purchased it and indeed it was a major step foreward in terms of UI and maybe a bit straight foreward to set up. The UI was well "polished" etc. but on my system it introduced some stutters on view change. I sticked with CP a while since it seamed to be the new guy in town.

The time went by and due to the stutters that became more or less annoying, I gave EZCA another go and I WAS SURPRISED! EZCA performed beautiful and the way they applie the camera shakes looked way more realistic.

Since EZCA v3, which is again a big leap foreward, I never reconsidered CP again.....

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

18 hours ago, MarkW said:

Personally I would take a look at Chase Plane.  It is simply fantastic and can be customized for every aircraft you fly.  It is the same price as Ezdok and I think much better and easier to use.

Edited by IanHarrison
deleted

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I'm an X-Plane user but did use EZDOK v1 and v2 during my FSX days. I truly miss its camera movement qualities because there is no equivalent for X-Plane. Yes XP has 'Quicklook' capabilities and a payware camera utility (X-Camera) but these offer camera positions without movement effects. Some of the posts here focus on camera positions  only when making reference to EZDOK and ChasePlane but shouldn't member views also focus on the utility's camera movement qualities, i.e., which utility offers the most immersive movements from the pilot's perspective?

41 minutes ago, Jean-Jacques said:

Some of the posts here focus on camera positions  only when making reference to EZDOK and ChasePlane but shouldn't member views also focus on the utility's camera movement qualities, i.e., which utility offers the most immersive movements from the pilot's perspective?

Look at my post (2 above). IMHO the camera (head) movements from EZCA are more immersive then CP. This opinion is of course very subjective...

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

18 hours ago, MarkW said:

Personally I would take a look at Chase Plane.  It is simply fantastic and can be customized for every aircraft you fly.  It is the same price as Ezdok and I think much better and easier to use.

I concur. I refunded EZDok. It was not straightforward in its use and proved difficult to uninstall. Chase Plane has a much better interface and therefor it is quite easy to configure and has many options.

29 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Look at my post (2 above). IMHO the camera (head) movements from EZCA are more immersive then CP. This opinion is of course very subjective...

Hi Gerald,

I didn't say all posts focussed on camera positions. I know you commented on the camera movement aspect. I can't voice my opinion on which one I prefer because I've only used EZDOK. But if I could get Maniftarr's latest creation for my preferred simulator which is X-Plane, I'd be a much happier flight simmer!

9 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

NickN doesn't post here! 🤣 Neither does Word Not Allowed!🤣 I sure you're thinking of Nickbe.

Yes! Mea Culpa, it is indeed NickBe I was referring to- a wonderful asset for the platform and for Marniftarr (I may have butchered that as well) who suffered from a language barrier issue, prior to a Nick joining.

Thanks for straightening that out.

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper