Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

KBID (Orbx) to KCDW (DD) in C182 (A2A) with ASP3D wx P3Dv5!

Departing KBID

KomHWDN.jpg

HgsoJkx.jpg

mkVXvEr.jpg

Cloud Art:

gKU8IOa.jpg

JJRTvq7.jpg

X6THpTw.jpg

Crossing the Hudson:

5m8k1ST.jpg

Anyone have a link to a new Tappan Zee Bridge addon?

zYcBfYD.jpg

Approach:

W3377A6.jpg

Tp6hNzP.jpg

Fc6f3iG.jpg

• Like 6

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Great looking shots there! I fly in/out of BID all the time (simming of course these days) but it once was my favorite destination in RL, out of HFD. I'd like to see the new Zee bridge too and don't know of anyone that has done it.  

What cloud textures are those? 

Greg G

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

By the way, here's the real weather for this flight.  Clear skies at KBID, clouds moving in from the south and west, exactly what ASP3D provided.

4n3OGQp.jpg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

16 minutes ago, Chocorua said:

What cloud textures are those? 

Clouds are ASCA full dynamics with ENVTEX integration.  All latest updates from the last couple of days.  Thanks for the reply!

• Like 1

Excellent shots! I'm really curious how you managed to get such realistic colors and contrast, in particular in the internal view (VC). I'm really struggling to get v4.5-quality visuals in v5...

• Like 1

I flew out of CDW irl. Nice to see places I recognize. Good post sir.

• Like 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

7 minutes ago, tymk said:

Excellent shots! I'm really curious how you managed to get such realistic colors and contrast, in particular in the internal view (VC). I'm really struggling to get v4.5-quality visuals in v5...

Not sure to be honest.  I haven't done too much tweaking over stock, except to load in envtex and envshade.  I've been pretty happy with v5 in general even before the env* updates.  Anything settings in particular I can share with you?

12 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Not sure to be honest.  I haven't done too much tweaking over stock, except to load in envtex and envshade.  I've been pretty happy with v5 in general even before the env* updates.  Anything settings in particular I can share with you?

My main issue is excessive contrast that causes loss of detail in darker areas, so I was half expecting you have some magic trick up your sleeve to resolve that... 😄

I guess I'll need to experiment some more with Envshade -- I use some heavy shader edits (via PTA) in v4.5 that are no longer available in v5.

19 minutes ago, tymk said:

My main issue is excessive contrast that causes loss of detail in darker areas, so I was half expecting you have some magic trick up your sleeve to resolve that... 😄

I guess I'll need to experiment some more with Envshade -- I use some heavy shader edits (via PTA) in v4.5 that are no longer available in v5.

I did turn HDR off...

3 minutes ago, Gridley said:

I did turn HDR off...

That explains a lot... 😉 I've always kept it on in previous versions as they tended to look bland without it, but here, it actually makes sense. Thanks for that suggestion, looks like it's time to do some more tweaking... 😄

• Like 1

Nice shots....I highly recommend the Reality XP GNS or GTN - they look great in that thing!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Nice shots....I highly recommend the Reality XP GNS or GTN - they look great in that thing!

I second that! 😉 I went low-budget in my A2A Skyhawk (just the GNS 530), but in the Skylane, I use the GTN 750/650 combo and it looks amazing.

Either is great....  with the GNS you can crossfill if you have 2 430s or 2 530s (or both) which I really like from real world flying.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 5/29/2020 at 12:31 AM, ryanbatcund said:

On 5/29/2020 at 3:38 AM, tymk said:

I second that! 😉 I went low-budget in my A2A Skyhawk (just the GNS 530), but in the Skylane, I use the GTN 750/650 combo and it looks amazing.

Does it bother you guys that there's not regular updates of the navdata for the garmin based addons?  It's the only thing really holding me back.  I had the RXP 430/530 back in the FS9 days, and it had a couple of years old database that never got updated.  Seems like the modern addons are better?

7 hours ago, Gridley said:

Does it bother you guys that there's not regular updates of the navdata for the garmin based addons?  It's the only thing really holding me back.  I had the RXP 430/530 back in the FS9 days, and it had a couple of years old database that never got updated.  Seems like the modern addons are better?

As Garmin updates the underlying Trainer, you get semi-current (or at least less outdated) navdata, so it's not that bad.

Edited by tymk