Sign in to follow this  
Justin.thomas7

English accent changes - Buttons

When I first started using UGCX, you could set your voice to a specific accent (eg US, Australian etc) but the ramp agent accent would change depending on what country you are in.  

I don’t know what I’ve done, or if it was an update, but now both the pilot and the agent accent changes as I move around the world.   I want the pilot accent to stick to the one I chose and have the other one change.  

Have I messed up my configuration or was this feature broken in an update?   

14 hours ago, byork said:

There's the 'Use Regional Accent' option in the Aircraft Profile.

Cheers,

Yes, I have that selected (well it says use regional sound set).  My problem is the captains voice also changes.   Eg, take off from Sydney, both Australian.   Land in London, both British.

18 minutes ago, Justin.thomas7 said:

Yes, I have that selected (well it says use regional sound set).  My problem is the captains voice also changes.   Eg, take off from Sydney, both Australian.   Land in London, both British.

Yes, that's the only problem that feature it has. We could fix that establishing somehow a fixed language to the captain and then keep it, but then there is an issue, when you arrive at another country airport the ground crew would then need to speak your same language....in this case we recommend to turn off the regional sound set feature.

Manuel

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

Yes, that's the only problem that feature it has. We could fix that establishing somehow a fixed language to the captain and then keep it, but then there is an issue, when you arrive at another country airport the ground crew would then need to speak your same language....in this case we recommend to turn off the regional sound set feature.

Manuel

Surely it’s easy to get the English accents working together?   It adds so much realism having this feature.  I note your aircraft products do this.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2020 at 4:05 PM, Justin.thomas7 said:

I don’t know what I’ve done, or if it was an update, but now both the pilot and the agent accent changes as I move around the world.   I want the pilot accent to stick to the one I chose and have the other one change.  

The issue on this is that we have different sounds sets for different languages, in each sound set we have one voice for the pilot and one for the ground crew. To have a constant voice across all languages, we may need to do like different sound set for one language, let's say US-pilot-ENGLISH, then create one sound set for speaking german-english accent, then another sound set for french-english accent, then another for ...and so on...It is not difficult, but we could need to think how we could organize the sound files, and that's just for one language (US-english), we would need to do the same for FRENCH, it's keeps going a bit complicated. We could think in a way, but the way we find must be simple and not so complicated. 🙂

Manuel

spacer.png