Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Traffic programs for V5

4 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

AIG causes significant stuttering when new planes appear along the way. This is annoying when you approach to landing

The only reason you might see it with AIG traffic is due to the sheer number of aircraft it offers. It's up to each user to adjust traffic levels to what their system can handle.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

10 hours ago, spilok said:

If not, do you recommend another traffic program for V5 that doesn't kill the sim on frames?

The traffic program itself doesn't kill fps, the models and paints does. You can have either low poly / low res and minor impact oder high poly / high res and high impact.

56 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

AIG causes significant stuttering when new planes appear along the way.

See above. There is no magic wand to get AI traffic without impact to performance, in NONE sim that is at the moment or will come in the next years. I'm looking forward when people get full blown AI in MSFS.

At some point the model and texture has to get injected in the 3D world.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

7 hours ago, spilok said:

Regarding UT Live.....I don't have V4 on my computer.  I want to use this for V5.  UT Live doesn't recognize V5.  Where do you install it and what about Simconnect which is required to use it?  

How do you get it to point to V5 (which I have on a separate hard drive all by itself)?

The Flight1 UTLive forum has a detailed recipe to get UTLive 1.2 running under Prepar3d5. I decided to not squeeze it in but wait for the proposed version 2.0 which will be Prepar3d5 compatible (i.e., if I'll live long enough to see its release).

If you look for an alternative, there's PSXSeecontraffic with payware RealTraffic (that's what I use right now) or the new free freeware ADS-B Live Traffic.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

The traffic program itself doesn't kill fps, the models and paints does. You can have either low poly / low res and minor impact oder high poly / high res and high impact.

See above. There is no magic wand to get AI traffic without impact to performance, in NONE sim that is at the moment or will come in the next years. I'm looking forward when people get full blown AI in MSFS.

At some point the model and texture has to get injected in the 3D world.

With performance, everything is in order. I only care about the sudden appearance of aircraft on the radar and a short flight stop at the same time.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Yes, AIG OCI is the best you can get. 

Urmel also made a comprehensive FAQ about AI and OCI: 

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

You can have either low poly / low res and minor impact oder high poly / high res and high impact.

I've done lots of testing over the past few years and have bought all of the payware AI programs just to try and be able to to test them and you'd really by surprised by the LACK of difference it makes in actual FPS. The lower poly models and lower res repaints really only slightly lower your vram usage to some extent but with a major hit to the visuals. We spend so much time and money getting trying to get the sim looking good only to fugly it up with lackluster AI.
Stick with AIG's option but reduce your traffic level (30-50%) to match what you might see from the payware options.

15 hours ago, suchw said:

I just threw v4 back on reinstalled utlive and moved the documents p3dv4 addon  utlive folder to documents p3dv5 addon folder ran the sim and it found utlive, working perfectly,if you already have utlive installed just try moving that folder

Thanks.  I did the same thing, and moved it to V5.  It works great; however, when loading P3d, it does show about 10 airlines that "objects have the same name".   I'll figure out how to remove them.

Stan

Depending on how you linked UTL to v5 that you might have duplicate entries to the UTL simobjects.

If you take the AIG Traffic you will get the most detailed AI traffic you can get the the moment for free. Yes it is very hard on FPS since the numbers of AI Aircrafts hat the big hubs can got up to 100+. If your system can not handle them there is always the option to reduce the amount of traffic. There are different options for it. If you use the build in option in AIM and set the acticity levels 1-99% you can use the ingame acticity slider to adjust the amound of traffix ou want to see, you can decrease it a the big hubs and when flying in remote areas with very few AI traffix set it back to 100% to see all planes added by AIG.

Oh any btw: AIGTech is currently developing a new kind of software the will imporve bring even more realistic AI to the Simulator

Edited by Kaiii3
  • Like 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

36 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

If you use the build in option in AIM and set the acticity levels 1-99%

How can I check my current value, and what does the default value entail?

Thanks.

If you have FSUIPC, it also has a traffic limiter.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Just now, Gridley said:

If you have FSUIPC, it also has a traffic limiter.

I was asking about Min/Max activity level setting at OCI's installation that has nothing to do with FSUIPC of P3Dv5 settings.

What does Min. Activity %1 Max. Activity in %1 Compiler mean in practical terms?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Depending on how you linked UTL to v5 that you might have duplicate entries to the UTL simobjects.

Yes.  Thanks.  That was it.  Found it and all fixed.  Feels and looks great....just like in P3dv4!

Stan

Edited by spilok
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

I was asking about Min/Max activity level setting at OCI's installation that has nothing to do with FSUIPC of P3Dv5 settings.

What does Min. Activity %1 Max. Activity in %1 Compiler mean in practical terms?

Thanks.

traffic tools bgl compiler allows one to set a percentage, which corresponds to the percentage in the sim's AI percentage sliders.  Each flight plan would have a percentage assigned to it, so that it would respond to the slider.

That's how it was in 2007-08 when I last made traffic bgl's, and I assume it's still the same way, and I assume AIG can do the same with their plans.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

6 minutes ago, Mace said:

traffic tools bgl compiler allows one to set a percentage, which corresponds to the percentage in the sim's AI percentage sliders.  Each flight plan would have a percentage assigned to it, so that it would respond to the slider.

That's how it was in 2007-08 when I last made traffic bgl's, and I assume it's still the same way, and I assume AIG can do the same with their plans.

Still not very clear why there is 1% Min and 1% Max by default. How one can read this default combination?

Thanks.