Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

REX Products - P3D v5

Hi All,

Hope all are safe...

Since REX announced on the 15 April the they are developing updates for P3Dv5, has anyone got any info as to how close they are to releasing an update to their products... It been a over a month and a half since P3D v5 dropped, and REX seems to be one of the last to the table...  Kind of disheartening to those that have purchased their products, but are still waiting... Hifi, PMDG, Orbx, have all seemd to have started delivering some updates allbeit not for their complete range of products...

Faisal Niazi

Mail received from REX :

Dear REX Customer -

Over the past few weeks Lockheed Martin released Prepar3D v4.5 Hotfix 3, Prepar3D v5, and Prepar3D v5.0 Hotfix 1. We wanted to take time to inform you of the status of our product line compatibility with each simulator.

Prepar3D v5 or Prepar3D v5 + Hotfix 1

Currently none of our products are “officially” compatible with Prepar3D v5+. However, since we are part of the beta team for Prepar3D, we have been actively testing and evaluating each product. The current status of each follows:

In Development:

REX 5 – Sky Force

REX 5 – Weather Force (Add-on to Sky Force)

In Process:

REX 5 – Worldwide Airports HD

Under Review:

REX 5 – Environment Force

Will not be made compatible for Prepar3D v5+:

WX Advantage Radar

We will keep you updated with the status of each product as we progress. Thank you for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

REX Development Team

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

5 minutes ago, willy647 said:

Mail received from REX :

Dear REX Customer -

Over the past few weeks Lockheed Martin released Prepar3D v4.5 Hotfix 3, Prepar3D v5, and Prepar3D v5.0 Hotfix 1. We wanted to take time to inform you of the status of our product line compatibility with each simulator.

Prepar3D v5 or Prepar3D v5 + Hotfix 1

Currently none of our products are “officially” compatible with Prepar3D v5+. However, since we are part of the beta team for Prepar3D, we have been actively testing and evaluating each product. The current status of each follows:

In Development:

REX 5 – Sky Force

REX 5 – Weather Force (Add-on to Sky Force)

In Process:

REX 5 – Worldwide Airports HD

Under Review:

REX 5 – Environment Force

Will not be made compatible for Prepar3D v5+:

WX Advantage Radar

We will keep you updated with the status of each product as we progress. Thank you for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

REX Development Team

Hi,

Thanks for the response... I am aware of the above announcement, but that was back in the middle of April, it is now the end of May, in my mind they are taking a long time to address the market, for something that is payware... and I am assuming quite a few simmers have or are moving to P3Dv5...

Edited by Gadget FPV

Faisal Niazi

anyone using skyforce does it work for cloud injection only.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

5 hours ago, cannow said:

anyone using skyforce does it work for cloud injection only.

Yes have been using it since P3Dv5 came out no problems what so ever

Has this changed since? Worldwide Airports HD still is not compatible, as stated in their webpage...

On 5/4/2021 at 10:19 AM, Bonicalo said:

Has this changed since? Worldwide Airports HD still is not compatible, as stated in their webpage...

According to a 4/3/01 Discord post, REX is still working on WWA for v5.  They need to change how WWA handles v5's new textures.

Hopefully with the new MSFS Real Global Airport Textures (the moneymaker) released they can then shift their focus back to WWA soon.  I just upgraded from FSX to P3D.  WWA it is the only add-on I need to make the experience as complete as it was for me in FSX with add-ons.  Zinertek's HD Airport Graphics is my temporary fix but it isn't as customizable and doesn't look half as good as WWA does.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Too bad WWA for P3D v5 isn't there yet. When I'm taxiing on default airports it's so bland it hurts my eyes. The single biggest drawback of using P3D (I'm also using X-Plane regularly and have used that the most).

On 5/28/2020 at 11:22 PM, pedrotrindade said:

Nothing about REX4 TD&SC???

Correct. REX have not confirmed if they plan to make Texture Direct and Soft Clouds compatible with P3Dv5. Its missing from their announcements list so it may not be in their plans anymore to update it given Skyforce now provides the weather textures for P3Dv5. Of course Skyforce does not provide any textures for runways, aprons etc that TD has.

So I believe the official word is REX TD and SC are supported under P3Dv4.5 and lower revisions of P3D.

However you can point the old TD installer to P3Dv5 main sim folder and it should install according to some reports here in the forum a while ago. This appeared to work OK.

On a side note, I have done a similar thing for P3Dv5 and Skyforce textures. Given the known issues with the latest Skyforce TU5 for P3Dv5 REX released back in March, I continue to run Skyforce for P3Dv4.5 and this works well with v5.1 HF1.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

4 hours ago, 787flyer said:

On a side note, I have done a similar thing for P3Dv5 and Skyforce textures. Given the known issues with the latest Skyforce TU5 for P3Dv5 REX released back in March, I continue to run Skyforce for P3Dv4.5 and this works well with v5.1 HF1.

Am using 5.0 skyforce. Do you know a way to go back to 4.5? The clouds don't look as full in v5.1 as in 4.5.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

2 hours ago, reecemj said:

Am using 5.0 skyforce. Do you know a way to go back to 4.5? The clouds don't look as full in v5.1 as in 4.5.

I would look in Rex Axis to see if the v4.5 for Skyforce is still available.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!