Sign in to follow this  
Cai Zicheng

RXP GTN 750 ReduceRate Configuration

Hi folks,

Just bought the RXP GTN 750 for P3D. I noticed that some aircraft developers have the follwing line in RealityXP.GTN.ini. The RXP manual does not seem to provide documentation for this setting. Can someone chime in for what this setting does and what is the default value?

ReduceRate  = true

BTW I can confirm the latest RXP GTN works great with Trainer 6.62.3 under Windows 10 Version 2004 for both P3D and X-Plane, even though the stand-alone GTN trainer lags quite a bit. Great work RXP!

Thanks,

Zicheng Cai

• Like 1

Zicheng Cai

Hi,

8 minutes ago, Cai Zicheng said:

I can confirm the latest RXP GTN works great with Trainer 6.62.3 under Windows 10 Version 2004 for both P3D and X-Plane, even though the stand-alone GTN trainer lags quite a bit. Great work RXP!

Thank you for your kind words!

Can someone chime in for what this setting does and what is the default value?

It is documented p13 of the RXP GTN User's Manual as "Use Half-Rate screen Update" and it is meant to accommodate lower specs PC. It basically lowers the GTN native screen refresh rate from 30fps to 15fps.

Default value is false!

I noticed that some aircraft developers have the follwing line in RealityXP.GTN.ini.

I'm wondering whether this would explain why some are reporting the RXP GTN appears sometimes 'laggy' when compared with another solution. If they are using the same aircraft this can explain a lot.

I'm surprised some aircraft vendors are enabling this by default. Which aircraft are these?

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 minute ago, RXP said:

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words!

It is documented p13 of the RXP GTN User's Manual as "Use Half-Rate screen Update" and it is meant to accommodate lower specs PC.

I'm wondering whether this would explain why some are reporting the RXP GTN appears sometimes 'laggy' when compared with another solution. If they are using the same aircraft this can explain a lot.

I'm surprised some aircraft vendors are enabling this by default. Which aircraft are these?

FlySimWare Falcon 50 and Learjet 35A. This is under [GTN_750_1] section for both aircraft.

Zicheng Cai

After setting ReducedRate to false, the GTN is noticeably smoother compared to before. This observation supports the hypothesis

24 minutes ago, RXP said:

I'm wondering whether this would explain why some are reporting the RXP GTN appears sometimes 'laggy' when compared with another solution.

• Like 1

Zicheng Cai

Thanks for the info! I´ll try this too in here. A2A planes has this parameter to "false" as default.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics