Sign in to follow this  
CaptainNick

New: HP Reverb G2

I'm interested. I just bought the original Reverb and it was pretty good. Would like to see a better version.

Anyways pre orders started today.

Expected Released fall 2020

Expected price (US) $600

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I own the HP Reverb v2. At first glance of the website I didn't see much that would make me say this is a great improvement. I haven't tried it, obviously, so it remains to be seen. But it has the same resolution (2160x2160 per eye which is amazingly sharp) and still LCD panels, so I'm not sure about the visual improvement one can expect. FOV also seems to be the same. Looking forward to reviews.

Personally, I'm looking for more vibrant colors and a better black. In this regard, I think the Samsung Odyssey+ that I owned before was better. The IPD adjustment option is a great plus since the Reverb v2 doesn't have this option which is odd.

First look and review: https://www.roadtovr.com/hp-reverb-g2-hands-on-preview/

Seems it is actually much clearer than the Reverb v2 with no mura effect and even less SDE. The small sweet spot is also said to be much larger since the lenses have been developed by Valve. Considering the Reverb v2 is already really sharp, this should be simply amazing in terms of visuals. Contrast and brightness are also improved according to HP. I'll take back my reservations from the first paragraph. Very much looking forward to this one.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Before i buy another VR headset I am looking for 3 thing.

1. A much bigger FOV (no scuba mask effect)

2. Eye tracking (so that only the area the eye is focused on need to be in sharp focus)

3. 4K resolution.

Those 3 plus the standard feature already available and all for $600 or less. 😁

• Like 1

Very nice new VR headset, especially if you are using it to go with a laptop,

but at home i am more then happy with my Valve Index & Index controllers.

Cant wait to see the first reviews, tho!

@nedo why should this be better for Laptops? Good that it doesn't need bluetooth for controllers.

I'll get this but have to wait for EU shipping.

I wish these didn't use wmr...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

On 5/30/2020 at 7:41 AM, Mike44 said:

@nedo why should this be better for Laptops?

To Go, you can start your VR session everywhere, its unnecessary to set up external trackers.

At home for my Valve Index i still use the old HTC Vive Lighthouse trackers,

I set them up in 2016 in each opposite corner and have not touched them since, tho.

On 5/30/2020 at 9:18 PM, Pilot53 said:

I wish these didn't use wmr...

Yea...I was hoping they ditched WMR

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2