Sign in to follow this  
mrlip

New Nvidia Driver 446.14

For P3DV5, Has anyone tried the new Nvidia driver 446.14 that has been released? If so how is it or any issues? I believe it lays some ground work for the upcoming Windows 2004 release as well

No issues so far on my side with the new Driver and V5

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

A minor update with the usual "no impact on flightsims" logo clearly displayed. 450.99 is the latest Windows insider WDDM 2.7 version. Will ithat driver break everything? Stay tuned.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

A minor update with the usual "no impact on flightsims" logo clearly displayed. 450.99 is the latest Windows insider WDDM 2.7 version. Will ithat driver break everything? Stay tuned.

Running .2004 Win10 and this driver with several popular flightsims for last few days. No breakage seen.

• Upvote 1

Same here. I had to update the Nvidia audio driver but that was the only glitch. I haven't seen any benefit though.

Do you still need to do clean installs of video drivers? Years ago, I installed them in safe mode after I uninstalled the old driver via control panel and ran CCleaner. I couple years ago I read that doing so was no longer necessary, because the new installers do a good job of deleting the old drivers.

Is this still true, and if not, what procedure do you use for a clean install?

Thanks.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

You mean that you've never cleaned something that didn't need cleaning?😉

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I would NOT recommend using CCleaner ever.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCleaner  ... read the Malware Infection section (it's a high target product for hackers).

I only use DDU if I run into issues with nVidia's updates or odd visual/performance issues in 3D sims/games.  Normally try to do the regular update process first ... if that fails or has problems, then I use DDU approach and manual download/install.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob, Ouch! I've been using CCleaner all this time!...I didn't realise it was a target for hackers..thanks for the info Rob...., What would you recommend as a replacement for CCleaner?  I know you are an expert guru on computers hardware/software stuff.

Thanks again! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

Do you still need to do clean installs of video drivers?

It's been years since I have a need to use DDU or anything like that. There's just no need anymore, unless changing from AMD to Nvidia or vise versa of course. 

• Like 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Since yesterday, I am on Win 10 2004 and Nvidia driver 446.14. Before, I immediately got the dreaded DXGI menu in P3Dv5 HF1 when running the TFDI B717 in VR with TrueGlass activated. Now, this does not happen anymore (same airport, weather and so on). Is it just coincidence?

Michael

Edited by michaelth

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

5 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes, working very well for me ... just be sure to disable NvGE "Overlay" so that your Win10 screen saver works.  Apparently nVidia aren't going to fix this issue ever as it makes Win10 think it's NOT idle.

uc?export=view&id=1gI6WwZVzj5X2xb3mVBWAu

This does disable one's ability to use NvGE to record/capture video ... but there again will save you a few CPU cycles.

Cheers, Rob.

BTW: this issue has been around for a LONG time, not just this driver update.

thx  rob  couldnt  think  why  my  screen  saver had  worked 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes, working very well for me ... just be sure to disable NvGE "Overlay" so that your Win10 screen saver works.  Apparently nVidia aren't going to fix this issue ever as it makes Win10 think it's NOT idle.

This does disable one's ability to use NvGE to record/capture video ... but there again will save you a few CPU cycles.

Do you really use Geforce Experience? I hate this tool, never installed it again since I tried it when it was released the first time... I guess you use it for your videos, no?

Edited by AnkH
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

38 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Do you really use Geforce Experience? I hate this tool, never installed it again since I tried it when it was released the first time... I guess you use it for your videos, no?

I use it myself to record videos. Good feature. Only feature I use lol.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

On my Dev PC and on my test PC I'll use NvGE as it's quick and easy -- Ctrl+F12 to start/stop recording.  But not on my main FS PC as I record that output via splitter to a 4K capture card on a separate PC (don't want to use up any of those precious CPU cycles on my FS PC).

None.  The ONLY process I recommend if someone is having odd issues with their PC are Microsoft's own built in tools ... run from CMD window under Admin booted from Safe Mode:

1.  SFC /SCANNOW (this is very safe to run)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

2.  for more drastic problems DISM.EXE (this can make major changes if problems found so be careful with it)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/947821/fix-windows-update-errors-by-using-the-dism-or-system-update-readiness

But the best practice is to create a System Restore point before you do any major updates and/or software installs.  However, if one is already to deep in the rabbit hole, creating System Restore points maybe too little too late. 

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob, much appreciate your expert advice

Thanks again!

I'm planning an update on my drivers to test the new fps limiter. I've been using DDU  but since it's not needed anymore what should I do to upgrade? I'm not interested in the Geforce Experience, only the basic drivers with the NCP.