Sign in to follow this  
mrlip

New Nvidia Driver 446.14

1 hour ago, pedrotrindade said:

I'm planning an update on my drivers to test the new fps limiter. I've been using DDU  but since it's not needed anymore what should I do to upgrade? I'm not interested in the Geforce Experience, only the basic drivers with the NCP.

You click custom install and un tick all options but drivers. Simple as that then you get nothing but the drivers. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You click custom install and un tick all options but drivers. Simple as that then you get nothing but the drivers. 

Thanks David, but do I need to uninstall the old ones first or the installer removes the older ones?

Edited by pedrotrindade

Hey,

i've updated my system to with the new driver 446.14.

Now i have anamalies in the Cockpit. The displays like speed or altimeter are very unsharp and there indicators working not as soft as before.

The rest of the textures of the Cockpit are okay and sharb, also outside it looks very good.

I had nothing changed in my settings in the NP.

Any ideas?

Joachim

Regards Joachim

2 hours ago, pedrotrindade said:

Thanks David, but do I need to uninstall the old ones first or the installer removes the older ones?

Hi Pedro,

The nvidia installer can uninstall the old driver:

Select if you want the NVIDIA Graphics Driver and Geforce Experience or the NVIDIA Graphics Driver only -> click the AGREE AND CONTINUE button

Installation Options -> Custom (Advanced) -> NEXT button

Custom Installation Options -> (Select driver components, if you want) -> click Perform a clean installation checkbox -> NEXT button

Don't forget to backup any profile you have created before the NVIDIA driver installation (i.e nvidiaInspector export any profile you have and after installation import the profiles).

• Like 2

Jose Serro

8 hours ago, michaelth said:

Since yesterday, I am on Win 10 2004 and Nvidia driver 446.14. Before, I immediately got the dreaded DXGI menu in P3Dv5 HF1 when running the TFDI B717 in VR with TrueGlass activated. Now, this does not happen anymore (same airport, weather and so on). Is it just coincidence?

Michael

ver 2400 of windows gives you a bit more VRAM back to video card, my 6 gig card gave me 200 mb back. Before 2004 update I was running 3.0 of 5 vram now after win update it it showing 3.0 of 5.2 VRAM, doesn't sound like much, it gives a bit more breathing room and it does help

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

8 hours ago, michaelth said:

Since yesterday, I am on Win 10 2004 and Nvidia driver 446.14. Before, I immediately got the dreaded DXGI menu in P3Dv5 HF1 when running the TFDI B717 in VR with TrueGlass activated. Now, this does not happen anymore (same airport, weather and so on). Is it just coincidence?

Michael

ver 2400 of windows gives you a bit more VRAM back to video card, my 6 gig card gave me 200 mb back. Before 2004 update I was running 3.0 of 5 vram now after win update it it showing 3.0 of 5.2 VRAM, doesn't sound like much, it gives a bit more breathing room and it does help

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I went BACK to 445.98's after experiencing blurries at FL30 over and over again. I had to change something in Graphics settings (usually autogen density) to return to normal.   Had to do it several times.

Maybe just a coincidence, but I've had good luck with the 98's.

Stan

10 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

It's been years since I have a need to use DDU or anything like that. There's just no need anymore, unless changing from AMD to Nvidia or vise versa of course. 

It's been weeks since I needed to use DDU here. Sometimes, even if you wouldn't like to use it, you'll need it.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

52 minutes ago, JPLS said:

Hi Pedro,

The nvidia installer can uninstall the old driver:

Select if you want the NVIDIA Graphics Driver and Geforce Experience or the NVIDIA Graphics Driver only -> click the AGREE AND CONTINUE button

Installation Options -> Custom (Advanced) -> NEXT button

Custom Installation Options -> (Select driver components, if you want) -> click Perform a clean installation checkbox -> NEXT button

Don't forget to backup any profile you have created before the NVIDIA driver installation (i.e nvidiaInspector export any profile you have and after installation import the profiles).

Thank you, José.

7 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I've always cleaned something that never needed cleaning ... but it's usually a car, or motorcycle, or race car, something that goes fast ... but I've never waxed an aircraft, or washed one for that matter ... do they even use wax?  🙂

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, I wax my airplane once a year.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I've always cleaned something that never needed cleaning ... but it's usually a car, or motorcycle, or race car, something that goes fast ... but I've never waxed an aircraft, or washed one for that matter ... do they even use wax?  🙂

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, see https://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/cs/waxes.html for examples.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I have seen reduced performance in VR with this driver more judders . Rolled back and normal operation resumed .

• Upvote 1

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

On 5/30/2020 at 1:47 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Interesting, does bare aluminum need a special type of wax vs. painted?

Cheers, Rob.

I once saw corrosion going on within minutes on bare aluminum that was in contact with salt lake water (pH value over 9) - so yes, it must be protected against corrosion when sea spray is probable.

Edited by meerkat
  • Upvote 1