Sign in to follow this  
robert_bur

P3Dv5 Time Zone

Hello @everyone, 

I was testing during these days version 5 of P3D, everything was good. However, the only thing I missed from the v4 is the problem with the UTC Time during long flights that the time zone doesn't change. Does anyone know any addon for P3Dv5 for solve this problem? I know the FSX Real Time, but for the moment is not working at version 5 of LM.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Hi...

I use Fsx Real Time v 1.99 build 19531.5629 without problem.... Other option available is FlyCrhono (https://flyapps.weebly.com/flychrono.html). The latter I have not used yet, but I have read comments from other people who do use it without problems.

Happy flight

51 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

From what I hear - it is fixed in v5.  

Not entirely true. In Indiana (my home) sunrise and sunset times are an hour off during Standard Time (winter) and correct during Daylight Savings Time. A year after FSX was released most counties in Indiana switched to DST. And so every P3D release since carried over the same time zone files without updating them to current time zones.

SimElite Solutions is soon to release a new Time Zone Fixer for P3Dv5.

Spoiler

Standard time. Incorrect dawn & dusk times.

M9EIki4.png
ouXcnIW.png

Daylight Savings Time. Correct times.

VqJm8Pc.png
LFFMRkt.png

52 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

Not entirely true. In Indiana (my home) sunrise and sunset times are an hour off during Standard Time (winter) and correct during Daylight Savings Time. A year after FSX was released most counties in Indiana switched to DST. And so every P3D release since carried over the same time zone files without updating them to current time zones.

SimElite Solutions is soon to release a new Time Zone Fixer for P3Dv5.

Thanks for sharing the info

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

10 hours ago, yvjjflores said:

Hi...

I use Fsx Real Time v 1.99 build 19531.5629 without problem.... Other option available is FlyCrhono (https://flyapps.weebly.com/flychrono.html). The latter I have not used yet, but I have read comments from other people who do use it without problems.

Happy flight

Thanks, I'll try to make a flight today, let's see how it works with FlyChrone, because for me the lastest version of RealTime doesn't work. 😞

For the rest, thanks for the info 😉 

1 hour ago, robert_bur said:

Thanks, I'll try to make a flight today, let's see how it works with FlyChrone, because for me the lastest version of RealTime doesn't work. 😞

Well ... please tell us about your Flychrone experience later.. 😉

2 hours ago, robert_bur said:

Funny that you said that...I always used in v4 and once I launched with V5....what happened it started syncing time but I never paid any attention if actually changes. It connects to FSUIPC on V5 obviously....I never tested FlyCrono on V5....

Alex 

I truly wish LM would fix all these things.  It totally sucks to use addons to fix default sim issues.  Getting exhausting for putting all these bandages on the sim.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 2

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

On 5/29/2020 at 2:36 PM, yvjjflores said:

Well ... please tell us about your Flychrone experience later.. 😉

After several long haul flights (10) also flying in different time zones , I can said that FlyChrone is working as you said. Any problems, the hours changes was perfect managed by the system, so I'll stay with this software for the time sync.

Thanks so much for your support. 

On 5/29/2020 at 3:47 PM, cyyzrwy24 said:

Funny that you said that...I always used in v4 and once I launched with V5....what happened it started syncing time but I never paid any attention if actually changes. It connects to FSUIPC on V5 obviously....I never tested FlyCrono on V5....

Must be the difference between FSUIPC5 to FSUIPC6, because for me is not working. However, with FlyChroneis working as FSRealTime. 

2 hours ago, robert_bur said:

Must be the difference between FSUIPC5 to FSUIPC6, because for me is not working. However, with FlyChroneis working as FSRealTime. 

I forgot on this post.....Anyway, Today at 1100 EST I parked at OMDB, obviously I used system time. But I launched FSTime and updated and time changed?!. So I guess it works...I think...so not sure what to tell you.

Alex 

How to download Flychrono ?

My default Win10 browser do not start downloading at all

Artur 

On 9/24/2021 at 12:35 PM, Beardyman said:

How to download Flychrono ?

My default Win10 browser do not start downloading at all

Same issue you here. Clicking on the button doesn't change anything and no download starts. 

But the direct download link below the button, that worked. You can click here for the download. 

Hope that helps! 

Cheers

2 hours ago, BenjB said:

Same issue you here. Clicking on the button doesn't change anything and no download starts. 

But the direct download link below the button, that worked. You can click here for the download. 

Hope that helps! 

Cheers

Link doesn't work -- here is the error message:  Sorry, there is a problem The page you requested does not exist Error code: 1S160/2

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.