Sign in to follow this  
aktorsyl

View change CTD in PMDG 744 and Chaseplane (P3dv5)

Hi all,

I've come across a few threads discussing this, but they all almost exclusively have to do with AMD GPU's/drivers. I have a 1080Ti and am experiencing some strangeness pretty much related to that, but with those workarounds not working for me. This happens ONLY in the PMDG 744 (P3Dv5 version) from what I could tell from my testing. The symptoms are pretty much the same as the others - when switching from cockpit view to outside and back again, it always - every time - results in a CTD. Also trawled though the PMDG forums to see if anything's suggested there, but without any luck.

Are there any other NVidia users out there with the same issue - and if so, any ideas? Or if I did somehow miss a thread of NVidia people reporting this, please shout 🙂

Thanks,and happy Friday!

EDIT: Some system info:

• CPU: Core i7 8700k
  • RAM: 16GB
  • GPU: GTX 1080ti, 11GB VRAM
  • GPU drivers: latest (445.87)
  • Camera software: Chaseplane
  • Planes confirmed to CTD: PMDG QOTS II, latest update
  • Planes confirmed to be fine: QW787 latest update
Edited by aktorsyl

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

I have the same card and have never had this happen with the 747 and v5 with chaseplane 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I too seem to have somewhat of the same issue. It seems to happen when I start modifying my preset in chase plane. Similar system with all the latest updates system wide.

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

1080 user here and yes I get this CTD in the QOTS and Mad Dog X. It’s very inconsistent though. 

you should look in the event viewer after the crash and post the crash info so others can help you better.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Do you have EA turned on, or off?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

i had this on the 744 twice now

On 6/10/2020 at 11:51 PM, Mace said:

Do you have EA turned on, or off?

ON 

Thanks

14ppkc-6.png