Sign in to follow this  
julian46

G1000 Key Assignments not working ** SOLVED**

Ignore below- I was assigning G1000_MFD - not PFD

(it works fine if you use PFD)

===== edit ===

Are the below still current? - I mapped them to keypresses in P3D / controls and then to buttons via FSUIPC - but they don't seem to correspond to whats in the latest manual. - thanks - Julian
(even just pressing the assign keypress doesn't perform the function)

EG:

"G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY4" = AUTOPILOT MODE APR  ----- Actually toggles the YawDamper on / off

"G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY1" = AUTOPILOT MODE 1⁄2 BNK "G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY2" = AUTOPILOT MODE HDG "G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY3" = AUTOPILOT MODE NAV "G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY4" = AUTOPILOT MODE APR "G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY5" = AUTOPILOT MODE ALT SEL "G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY6" = AUTOPILOT MODE ALT

Edited by julian46

52 minutes ago, julian46 said:

Are the below still current? - I mapped them to keypresses in P3D / controls and then to buttons via FSUIPC - but they don't seem to correspond to whats in the latest manual. - thanks - Julian
(even just pressing the assign keypress doesn't perform the function)

EG:

"G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY4" = AUTOPILOT MODE APR  ----- Actually toggles the YawDamper on / off

"G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY1" = AUTOPILOT MODE 1⁄2 BNK "G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY2" = AUTOPILOT MODE HDG "G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY3" = AUTOPILOT MODE NAV "G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY4" = AUTOPILOT MODE APR "G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY5" = AUTOPILOT MODE ALT SEL "G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY6" = AUTOPILOT MODE ALT

Yes, those G1000 softkey assignments work for me. I would suggest that, for example, in the FSUIPC Buttons and Switches window, just have the button you want to use for APR activate (select) G1000_PDF_SOFTKEY4 from the FSUIPC "Controls sent when button pressed" dropdown menu. You should also check "Select for FS control", and I would make these assignments aircraft specific to the Falcon50.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

Thanks Al - did that and it worked just fine - the mistake I made was not noticing there is G1000_MFD and PFD - once I caught that it all fell into place - cheers