Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 28th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

The A320 flying with flexed wings was my favorite part of the video.

• Like 1

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

3 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Likely? Well that depends if they think "the trees are obviously oversized".... Have you seen them mention the issue anywhere in their alpha feedback? I've not.

Maybe because they mention it in the Alpha forums..but then maybe they don'y aswell.

25 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

I dont particularly find the ATC that much different from the old FSX other than the SID/STAR capabilities and hopefully better vectoring.

If the ATC directs "offline" AI aircraft to follow the appropriate SID and STAR that will be a big improvement.

Matthew S

5 minutes ago, YMMB said:

Maybe because they mention it in the Alpha forums..but then maybe they don'y aswell.

Do they? Great...  Asobo should give non-alpha testers access to the forums IMO... what's the harm?

Matthew S

AIRAC updates are another hint that this would be a subscription based thing. But hey, even so, I wouldn't mind 🙂

As for charts, the Navigraph app is amazing and I don't believe that Asobo could beat that.

And I really hope that the Innsbruck picture wasn't taken at the best quality / settings because my ORBX Innsbruck in P3D actually looks better 😄

The G1000 seems to be working well which is amazing!

Edited by Thomasso
  • Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, MatthewS said:

So are you saying they have fixed it in your lastest alpha build?  Take a screen shot of Sydney and submit to Asobo for next week's update.

No, that is not what I am saying.

I have shared what I think are reasonable assumptions based on what we have seen in the publicly available screenshots and what is public knowledge about the dev team makeup.

You might remember in the last thread you started tearing your hair out worrying the devs weren't aware of the problem with tree size, that I said as they were clearly monitoring Avsim forums and even threw you the huge personal bone of showing cirrus clouds and gloriously undulating runways in their screenshots, the devs are at least aware that people are talking about the tree-size. I also said I'm confident they'll get to it at some point.

Yep, I'm in the Alpha but none of my comments are based on my experiences with it. Sorry, I won't accept directions from you about what to do with my time in the Alpha.

Edited by scotchegg
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

8 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

.....because my ORBX Innsbruck in P3D actually looks better

Good as this sim is going to be out of the box, I would think MS/Asobo realise that a viable ecosystem of third party developers is good for the longevity of their product - even if those third-party developers will have to subsist on income from limited numbers of purists. 

Edited by lzamm

1 hour ago, ArchStanton said:

What surprises me is that in the Innsbruck screenshot all roofs appear flat.(?) For halls, high-rise buildings and some other houses this is certainly true, but for all houses?

There are quite of lot of flat roofs in Innsbruck, but you're right, not only - particularly not in the centre. I don't know if all roofs in MSFS are flat. The screenshot quality is rather low.

Xc3thNN.jpg

• Like 3

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

7 hours ago, reignman40 said:

and preferably Jeppesen.

LIDO charts are much more accurate in many cases.

What about the ability to call an emergency? Can the ATC handle this?

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

6 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

What about the ability to call an emergency? Can the ATC handle this?

Pretty sure that it would be featured in the video if it was the case.

• Upvote 1

Tomáš Pokorný

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

37 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I have shared what I think are reasonable assumptions

Yes, assumptions.

37 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

they were clearly monitoring Avsim forums and even threw you the huge personal bone of showing cirrus clouds and gloriously undulating runways in their screenshots

Ok yes, so until I see an indication that they are aware of the problem (or have addressed it), I'm going to keep on talking (every now and then) about tree-size.  Isn't that the point of this forum, to debate and discuss?

Unlike you I don't have access to the alpha or the alpha forums, so I don't know if they are aware of the issue of not. 

I suspect they are aware of it and I "hate" the oversized trees.  They have done a great job with the buildings, perfectly scaled, it would be a shame if they "dropped the ball" on tree size. 

edit: A side-by-side comparison of that Innsbruck shot above and the FS2020 screenshot on page 1 demonstrates nicely the tree-size issue (and this time not even in the tropics).

Edited by MatthewS
  • Like 3

Matthew S

26 minutes ago, lzamm said:

Good as this sim is going to be out of the box, I would think MS/Asobo realise that a viable ecosystem of third party developers is good for the longevity of their product - even if those third-party developers will have to subsist on income from limited numbers of purists. 

True, if it looked better than ORBX, it would be very embarassing to ORBX 🙂 Add-ons will be necessary.

Tomáš Pokorný

Some ATC issues that stood out to me in the IFR episode:

• so many pointless frequency changes, just as in FSX. Hopefully (if the ATC is based on FSX code) they fixed that annoying bug when ATC would have you switch back and forth between control A and B.
  • phraseology is wrong, either by FAA or ICAO standards. For instance, "keep speed below" should be "do not exceed X knots". Or "continue as planned" - what even is that? 
  • procedures seem odd. Why would ATC say "Make straight in Runway 16L" to an aircraft on the ILS, in IMC? Completely unrealistic.
  • voice (Text-To-Speech) is a huge step back from FSX.
Edited by alkan
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 3