Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 28th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

4 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

Yeah that's because of poor piloting skills. Look at the take-off. He/she can't hold the centerline what so ever. It almost seems like a keyboard/mouse/gamepad setup to me.

Yep, and he rotates it like a rocket as well. Then again, I think I might have to rewatch it on slowed down speed. But I am pretty sure the landing won't get much better. 😉

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

A medley of interesting features mixing IFR, flight planning and general  ATC. A little disordered though. I would have preferred an illustration of these features in the segments of a flight instead on piling them up like that. IFR is all about a structured flight after all. 

In the good stuff, apparently speed restrictions are implemented and the FMS is also much more complex in the default airliners than before. Good ! 

As a mostly GA/WB aircraft flyer not using STAR, I am  a little disappointed that there was no illustration of vectoring in the last part of an IFR flight  which is weak point of the FS family ATC : how the relief is better taken into account, better consideration for the flight plan instead of rigidly giving a heading long before the last VOR is reached  etc.

Clouds : I hope tat Asobo will fix these abominable outlandish red clouds we see in ExpertSage23861's shot.

4 hours ago, Kaan KASIM said:

Leave it to avsim users to take away all the excitement and fun, nothing but nitpick. 🤦‍♂️

When you go to your local bar, do you loudly disparage the regulars without being punched on the nose ? 

• Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I lived and worked in Sydney for two years and they do indeed have some massive old growth trees in the city and in the botanical gardens, but I have to admit, they are way too large in that screenshot. Hopefully an old alpha build, but I expect it will be fixed.

IFR will pass me by as life's too short and I don't have time to learn about it. Bush flying for me. Still, nice to have realistic chatter in the background.

One observation about the A320 displays. In the close-up under full angled sunlight, they appeared to be unnaturally nonreflective. I'm sure in real life they are antiglare screens, but even so, you'd expect to see some minor texture/reflection from them under those lighting conditions. It looks like that channel is still missing from the screens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

As a mostly GA/WB aircraft flyer not using STAR, I am  a little disappointed that there was no illustration of vectoring in the last part of an IFR flight  which is weak point of the FS family ATC : how the relief is better taken into account, better consideration for the flight plan instead of rigidly giving a heading long before the last VOR is reached  etc.

Yearh... It seems (to me) like mostly the default FSX ATC - with some (relatively) minor improvements... But ATC is probably also the most complex part, so personally I wasn't expecting much in this area... 

The rest of the sim and implementation of flight-planning, AIRAC updates and live AI traffic (even though, it most likely involves a subscription).

2 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

When you go to your local bar, do you loudly disparage the regulars without being punched on the nose ? 

I hope I'm misunderstanding you here - but are you threathing him with violence?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Just now, anden145 said:

I hope I'm misunderstanding you here - but are you threathing him with violence?

I say that he says something that he would not dare to say in a normal setting, interacting face to face with people.  You don't go to places and show a lack of respect  to people without consequences, do you ?

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

25 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I say that he says something that he would not dare to say in a normal setting, interacting face to face with people.  You don't go to places to insult people without consequences, do you ?

What he said wasn't insulting. He just expressed his disappointment and frustration with the negativity which is aplenty here. It was factually correct. Your response to it was prepostrous and yes, I would tell that to your face.

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I'm wondering if commercial airlines will be supported in ATC. Such as "Speedbird One Twenty Three, contact Departure on One Two Three decimal Five". Maybe a job for a third party product if it isn't.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 minutes ago, Jazz said:

What he said wasn't insulting. He just expressed his disappointment and frustration with the negativity which is aplenty here. It was factually correct. Your response to it was prepostrous and yes, I would tell that to your face.

Don't undestand this as well, especially as it is true all too often. And yeah... I wouldn't mind telling that to someones face. Where are we? Kindergarten?

Irony that the person who accuses him of disparagement posted a thread yesterday which pretty much disparages people who can't wait to join the Alpha... 🤦‍♂️

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

It is good. But I will wait for buying msfs until there are good ATC alternatives. I wonder how vatsim should work with the online modes. 

<sigh>

Dominique

I was impressed with the user interface and usability in the flight planning and overall experience.

ATC as text to speech should be more flexible and one can customize the text no? 

But who cares about ATC, when I am not working on scenery, I will just fly very low and very slow, explore with one hand and drink a coffee with the other  🛩️

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 2

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

We got awesome screenshots update after update, credits to Alpha testers and I enjoy it a lot.... but I got to the point that starts to bother me how shots are taken, here for example, use of depth of field is overkill, no offense it's a great screenshot, but in real world photography you don't simply get those bokeh effect unless you use macro lens and get very close to subject like less than a foot to achieve the same depth of field like on the first screenshot below, that the subjects looks tiny and not life like size and it looks like a toy and the tow truck shouldn't be out of focus and so unrealistic.

D8513873-BF80-4E68-AA48-E79BBE9BF83A-sca

another example:

8.png

the subject looks tiny in this depth..

I guess on my own opinion MS/ASOBO should consider real world cameras on FS2020 to achieve realistic photos, using real world lenses, apertures should be consider, shutter speed as well, ISO value EV etc... that will create good immersive experience. current camera effects today is like we have on a smartphones bokeh overkill and to much cosmetics.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, reignman40 said:

At 11:35 he calls it FS2020, the debate is final! haha

They have been asked to refer it as FS2020, as Avsimmers have been confused as to what sim is being discussed. Obviously, you did notice the shirt the narrator was wearing?  

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

3 hours ago, MatthewS said:

until I see an indication that they are aware of the problem (or have addressed it), I'm going to keep on talking (every now and then) about tree-size.  Isn't that the point of this forum, to debate and discuss?

It’s not “every now and then” though, is it? It’s every update. Maybe you could accept that your opinion has probably been noted. Maybe you can accept that whether it has or not, you’re not entitled to a personally-satisfying response.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

This episode's video was so fast-paced, I had to watch it a few times, and I am sure I still missed things. Amazing, what we will get, almost everything has been improved so much compared to our current sims. Even if ATC has not made a quantum leap, what will they be doing in the next ten years as they mentioned that the plans are to keep developing this product for the next ten years? If that one are has not yet improved, I would expect that in the next few years it will, even though we all want it now :-). Should seasons not be included initially, I am confident that they will follow. They have shown us already that winter landscapes are possible.

Anyway here are a few observations from watching the video:

• On the world map: Airports with the black star in a yellow circle, do they indicate that these are detailed airports?
  • At 2:25, the altitude profile goes from 39000ft at HSTIN to 36850ft at ZZIPR over a distance of 111NM, this looks a bit weird, one would assume that the 39000ft are left shortly before ZZIPR.
  • From 2:52 on and later, the mouse pointer seems to be an inch or two to the left of where the user clicks or rotates the knob. At 4:16 the user clicks on the "CDI" button but the mouse pointer is to the left of it.
  • From 4:28-4:33 the internal shadows across the standby instruments are jagged and flickering as what I have seen in P3D and also XP videos, but then the shadows seems to get out of focus and hence become smoother.
  • Nice that you can remove the Yoke for full visibility of the instruments.
  • What are those 4 orange/brown things on the taxiway opposite the runway at 5:51?
  • At 7:49, for a fraction of a second, we can see the top-level menu icons. From left to right we see:
    - Camera Symbol
    - Tick Symbol
    - Yoke Symbol
    - Pilot's Head Symbol
    - Something that looks like a weight
    - Compass Symbol
    - List/Menu Symbol
    - POI Symbol (?)
    - Map/Document Symbol
    - Cloud Symbol
    - Cogwheel Symbol (Settings I guess)

• Like 5