Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 28th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

1 minute ago, Deleted said:

You stop now. He answers with facts, and you with insinuations. 

What are you talking about???

Listen - lets just leave it at this. Please.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Guys calm down.

We just don't know enough detail about the pricing model yet. It could go both ways.

But consider that MS is a huge company that has options available that do not apply the same way like a business plan for a conventional small or middle-sized company. Some of it has already been mentioned (technology licensing, marketing, marketplace...).

Besides, if they provide the map service for free I certainly wouldn't mind the AIRAC cycle (even if it is not in-house, it is far less cost-intense over time).

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Did they say G3000 and G5000! Only thing they seemed to have not discussed is advanced RNAV (RNP) procedures and SBAS. 

There is going to be very little to improve on by add-on developers. 

That’s not a bad thing...getting milked by devs (not all) days may finally be over. 🙂

Luke Pype

3 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

Do they even use "... with you" still in real life?

I still hear all sorts slang phraseology, usually from commercial pilots who should know better. "Departure, American 1234 with you climbing 1.3 for 7"

Chris

Considering the phrasing differences between the US and the rest of the world, they’re probably sticking with generic ones.

Edited by Tuskin38

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Clouds : I hope tat Asobo will fix these abominable outlandish red clouds we see in ExpertSage23861's shot.

When you go to your local bar, do you loudly disparage the regulars without being punched on the nose ? 

Je ne vois pas de problèmes avec les nuages, leur couleurs et forme sembles correct. To me those clouds looks perfectly normal, just the typical orange sunset light reflecting on them

30678913383_d446f33281_b.jpg31241702661_5f54447629_b.jpgMorningCub-scaled.jpg

Edited by cyril972
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 1

The big jets appear to have there interiors done as well, but we've not seen a single shot of the cabin areas. Is it even possible to wonder away from the cockpit?

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

Considering the phrasing differences between the US and the rest of the world, they’re probably sticking with generic ones.

Yeah, I considered that as a possibility. Hopefully they will figure out a way to localize ATC phraseology, otherwise it is always going to cause eye rolling.

Chris

4 hours ago, Thomasso said:

Pretty sure that it would be featured in the video if it was the case.

They did say the atc will call emergency and unexpected behaviors if there are any problems 

Am I the only one who is disappointing by the flight planning mode ? It really looks like a arcade game, doesn’t it ? I prefer by far the online flight planning website, which show you a realistic FPL 🙂 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elwyn said:

We got awesome screenshots update after update, credits to Alpha testers and I enjoy it a lot....

How dare you. 

(I’m joking). 

Edited by n4gix
REMOVED EXCESSIVE QUOTE!!! Please don't quote the entire post you are replying to!
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, popite78 said:

Am I the only one who is disappointing by the flight planning mode ? It really looks like a arcade game, doesn’t it ? I prefer by far the online flight planning website, which show you a realistic FPL 🙂 

What prevents you from creating them? Like SimBrief or whatever? 🙂 P3D has "flight planning" as well and nobody is using it. This at least helps the less experienced and isn't as useless as P3D planning.

• Like 5

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

3 hours ago, Thomasso said:

Subscription 95 %. The AIRAC updates convinced me. We can't expect to get all of this for free.

Why not? If Ms has some kind of licensing agreement with whoever is providing the airac data then it's completely possible. I still believe that Ms will be making their money back by leveraging the tech to bigger companies which would bring in more money 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Why not? If Ms has some kind of licensing agreement with whoever is providing the airac data then it's completely possible. I still believe that Ms will be making their money back by leveraging the tech to bigger companies which would bring in more money 

Because licensing agreements don't come cheap 🙂 But hey, these are all speculations... We'll have to wait and see. I'm just saying that I wouldn't mind subscription. I'd maybe even prefer it.

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5