Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 28th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

3 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

These...ones sound..like a robot...is talking...

Well...technically....it is. 🤖

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Chris

12 hours ago, Richard Jacks said:

anyone else notice ATC is not using the correct verbal names of waypoints...going by letters instead of pronounced names.

How many waypoints are in the word?  Do you expect them to have recorded audio for each?  In previous versions, you could also add your own, and we can expect new ones to be added to the navigation database.  What about those, they won't have name recorded.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I am not entirely happy with how quickly clouds form. Even at x2. Watch half right in the video between 10:40 - 10:48. 

2 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

How many waypoints are in the word?  Do you expect them to have recorded audio for each?  In previous versions, you could also add your own, and we can expect new ones to be added to the navigation database.  What about those, they won't have name recorded.

They are not using recorded audio. They are using a text to speech engine, thus the robotic voice reference.

Chris

42 minutes ago, Elwyn said:

no offense mate 😊, those are pretty nice shot, it wont be featured if it wasn't, just concern about camera it's more like effects than how actual professional camera works.

I get you, in fact I usually don’t have it on. In that instance though, I do reckon I could get pretty close to that with a nifty fifty (and probably a transparent body so my head could pop through the roof) in real life. Agree with the truck at the front though. 

1 hour ago, badderjet said:

As far as I remember those were already in FSX. The voices were recorded, but I think you somehow had to "unlock" them with this mysterious airlines.cfg file or how it was called. I might be wrong though.

When FSX came out in 2006 I was heavily involved in beta testing Radar Contact v4 so never paid much attention as to what was possible by recording voices.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just two things, and I am all in MSFS 2020:

1. The popup windows (such as ATC etc) are undockable and movable to another monitor.
  2. The view system is flexible and you can move around and easily save views and go to views.

Greazer.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Azure could do that... It's an AI which can learn itself, TTS included. It could learn to pronounce waypoints the same way as humans.

Nowadays there is no need to record voices and listen to the same stuff over and over again. That's actually why I uninstalled Pro ATC X. Same freaking stuff every flight. 🙂

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, badderjet said:

Good points, you would be a good alpha tester.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

2 hours ago, popite78 said:

That true 🙂 but the fact is that it’s true for a lot of aspect of the sim. We will need add-on for the aircraft (fslabs or pmdg), the ATC which is not correct and I guess I will need more. So in fact, we are getting close to what we have with p3d 🙂 

Of course, that is true. We're trying to simulate the world (basically). Only a fool would think that Asobo/Microsoft can do this 100 % (they're doing an amazing job though!).

We'll always have add-ons. But it seems like weather and scenery will basically be taken care of. And the default aircraft are at least at Carenado/Aerosoft level, so I believe there WILL be add-ons, but not that many 🙂

Edited by Thomasso

Tomáš Pokorný

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Thanks for sharing the full flight with us in this IFR episode, Microsoft. I used to watch real a320 landings videos from cockpit view on youtube. This landing part from the IFR episode looks like a real landing if you ask me. Can't even imagine how it will look in VR 🙂

Edited by gtaboncer

4 minutes ago, gtaboncer said:

Thanks for sharing full flight with us in this IFR episode, Microsoft. I used to watch real a320 landings videos from cockpit view on youtube. This landing part from the IFR episode looks like a real landing if you ask me. Can't even imagine how it will look in VR 🙂

Yeah except that the guy flying wasn't very proficient if you ask me 😄 

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

13 hours ago, Richard Jacks said:

anyone else notice ATC is not using the correct verbal names of waypoints...going by letters instead of pronounced names.

This is to be expected.

The TTS system won't be able to pronounce things like "AMZG", "CRZY", "WYPT" as "amazing crazy waypoint".

Natural to us, not quite to software.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Just two things, and I am all in MSFS 2020:

1. The popup windows (such as ATC etc) are undockable and movable to another monitor.
  2. The view system is flexible and you can move around and easily save views and go to views.

Greazer.

Yes to both. The camera system is really powerful especially the drone cam. It's like ezdok

2 hours ago, Thomasso said:

Because licensing agreements don't come cheap 🙂 But hey, these are all speculations... We'll have to wait and see. I'm just saying that I wouldn't mind subscription. I'd maybe even prefer it.

By your logic we should be paying tons of money when devs feature real brands in their games. Forza and GT should be like $1000 each! We should be paying $2000 a year for MS representing real planes in the sim!

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.