Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 28th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

9 hours ago, chass32 said:

You can talk 3 hours in a row about  xbox gamepass for PC that it will (still) have nothing to do with Navblue or Navigraph and their subscription model. We don´t know anything about Navblue and their partnership with Microsoft (probably we´ll get some light in the next few weeks).

If Navblue offers Airacs, airport+ and charts+ I still think it will be subscription.

The difference between using Navigraph for P3D and the data used in MSFS is that Navigraph is a separate third-party service, whereas the data in MSFS is part of the core product and comes with the product itself, so if you buy the simulator you also buy the data. Just like FSX with Jeppesen weather data, as Jim mentioned.

The assumption that updating the data within the sim over time could require subscribing makes perfect sense. However, even if not perfectly formally communicated (development update for example), we have information straight from Microsoft that there is no subscription involved, neither to buy the sim nor to use the data.

The only I can see this changing is if they decided to make a 180 on this decision for whatever reason. I won't say this isn't possible, but, while the details in pricing (exact price point for example) may not have been finalized yet, I would think they made this decision long ago as part of the negotiations with Navblue and other data providers to use their services in the sim.

I think what's confusing people is that the discussion about the pricing model is still on-going even though it has been cleared up on two occasions by Microsoft employees.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I could see them offering different editions where the "Professional" edition will have a higher price point and includes updates to the navigation data.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 12:24 PM, JRBarrett said:

Nav data isn’t free (in general). Providers like Jeppesen or NavBlue, don’t just simply give it away. Granted, the data they sell to vendors like Navigraph for use only in flight simulation is only a tiny fraction of the price that the very same data certified for use in a real aircraft would cost. (A 12-month subscription for worldwide Jeppesen FMS data for a real aircraft costs between $5,000 and $10,000 per year per aircraft, depending on the specific FMS model.)

It may be that Microsoft has reached a long-term arrangement with a company like NavBlue at a low enough cost that they can afford to include it in MSFS on an ongoing basis without passing the cost along to end users of the sim. That remains to be seen.

Here is the reason the nav data will be free. It's included in the base sim, no updating needed on our part. They are partnered with Ms so they'll definitely be paid and most of these programs can be used for personal use but commercial users must pay. 

• Like 1

Has Microsoft confirmed an event in June in replacement of E3?

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

On 5/29/2020 at 9:42 AM, Farlis said:

LIDO charts are much more accurate in many cases.

Yeah. But Jeppesen charts are quicker to read when you're in a hurry.

The old LIDO/ old style Jeppesen Debate moves back into simulation 😉

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

This is going to be my first complaint ever since they've released the news last year. I am not a big fan of the ATC phonetics at all. Should have contacted John Dekker for some schooling on this. I love everything else to date.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

How about this as a proposal: Offline mode is included in purchase. Online modes may incur additional fees.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Lol, 21 pages later, has brought us to this? A proposal that is 50 pages old. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

10 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Lol, 21 pages later, has brought us to this? A proposal that is 50 pages old. 

Once an MSFS2020 thread gets long enough, it becomes easy to miss a few posts.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5