Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Is TropicalSim still in business?

I am a user of SBGL Rio de Janeiro, SBGR Sao Paulo and SAEZ Buenos Aires from TropicalSim.

I have been expecting news from them of efforts to support P3Dv5.

Their forum has been out of use now for several weeks.

Anybody know what is going on?🙃

Edited by Richard McDonald Woods

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

17 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I am a user of SBGL Rio de Janeiro, SBGR Sao Paulo and SAEZ Buenos Aires from TropicalSim.

I have been expecting news from them of efforts to support P3Dv5.

Their forum has been out of use now for several weeks.

Anybody know what is going on?🙃

I updated all 3 same as you to P3Dv4 not over a month ago. Sorry cannot help you re: v5 as I am not there yet, equipment-wise.

Hi, how were you able to update SBGL,I know that it has been a while but

did Tropical Sim offer an update? The only way I can get Jetways to move  is 

with SODE, but I would rather use GSX. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan McLain 

Dan, this is an old topic and after checking at SimMarket it would appear TropicalSim website and forum is not accessible.

The only SBGL airport available was released in 2016 and all TS products are currently on sale.
https://secure.simmarket.com/tropicalsim-rio-de-janeiro-2016-sbgl-fs9-fsx-p3d.phtml

There is a tutorial on how to create jetways with GSX Pro here.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=19171.0

LATER: I used a website to check tropicalsim.com and the following was reported..

Tropicalsim.com is PARKED
The website is either expired or listed for sale...

I think it’s fair to assume the business has closed. No support for purchases at SimMarket. They need notifying.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I think it’s fair to assume the business has closed.

Tropicalsim just released Punta Cana 3 weeks ago on the 7th. 

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I think it’s fair to assume the business has closed. No support for purchases at SimMarket. They need notifying.

"I was just updated all 3 same as you to P3Dv4 not over a month ago. Sorry cannot help you re: v5 as I am not there yet, equipment-wise". 

I was  trying to find out who ever posted this did it?

9 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Tropicalsim just released Punta Cana 3 weeks ago on the 7th. 

Have you tried accessing their website? If they’re in business why would it be “parked” or available for purchase?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Have you tried accessing their website? If they’re in business why would it be “parked” or available for purchase?

To be honest those guys have always lapsed when it came to their webpage. It would be down ever so often and be back up later. They haven't bothered with their social media accounts in years. Last I contacted them they were pretty responsive on the email though. And as Gregg_D said, they have been pushing out updates to some of their first gen MSFS sceneries recently. Seems that's just how they operate. 

As for OP, with Tropical Sim it seems if they didn't make a P3D V4 update for their older sceneries I wouldn't expect any updates now. The last year has been V5 and V6 compatibility updates for V4 sceneries and updates of their MSFS releases. 

33 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

To be honest those guys have always lapsed when it came to their webpage. It would be down ever so often and be back up later. They haven't bothered with their social media accounts in years. Last I contacted them they were pretty responsive on the email though.

That’s encouraging and was going to be my next suggestion.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather