Sign in to follow this  
cleipelt

Present Position > Direct in GTN750

Often times while flying IFR flights on Vatsim, ATC will give me a shortcut and I’ll jump a few fixes ahead in my flight plan. While on autopilot in NAV mode, when I click “Activate leg” on the GTN 750 to the specified shortcut fix, the GTN always makes it go from the previous fix to the fix I am trying to fly direct to. This messes up my instructions from ATC since the autopilot is trying to go from a fix I haven’t reached yet to the fix I am trying to get to as instructed by ATC.

How can I go present position > DIRECT to a fix in my flightplan while using NAV mode w/ autopilot on GTN 750? 

Don't click on Activate leg, instead click on the Direct-to button, after selecting the waypoint.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Don't click on Activate leg, instead click on the Direct-to button, after selecting the waypoint.

Thank you Bert. Still trying to get the hang of the GTN 750!

• Like 2